The Lead Sr. Corporate Recruiter provides a consultative talent acquisition approach; drives consistent communication with hiring teams, provides market analysis, executes creative sourcing techniques, candidate assessments, and other talent related activities. The Lead Talent Acquisition Partner manages the full-lifecycle recruitment process and works with the Talent Acquisition team on strategic initiatives to improve performance of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Builds and maintains proactive partnerships with internal and external clients in order to understand business and staffing needs.
• Develops and executes recruitment strategies to proactively search for a diverse pool of candidates using various recruiting methods to include cold-calling, networking/relationship building, social networking sites, and linkedIn searches, therefore maintaining a network and pipeline of talent.
• Acts in a front line leadership role within Talent Acquisition to ensure continued success of the department.
• Participates in weekly strategy meetings with hiring managers, providing a consultative approach on talent.
• Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on hiring techniques and legal issues regarding hiring practices.
• Has an active voice in promoting change and innovative ideas to drive the department forward.
• Presents to Hiring Managers, and works as liaison between candidates, Hiring Managers and HR business partners providing guidance through the interview, offer, and hiring process.
• Gathers competitive intelligence, industry trends, and labor market conditions to create search strategies.
• Lead small project teams, and volunteer for stretch assignments to expand working knowledge within, and outside of sourcing.
• Generates reports and data, new proposals and general corporate information.
• Liaise with external Recruitment Agencies / vendors.
• Adhere to and execute against the Talent Acquisition KPI's.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• 6+ years' relevant recruitment industry experience
• 4+ years in retail specific recruiting, specifically Finance, IT and Marketing
• Expert knowledge and experience in recruitment concepts, practice and procedures
• Advanced experience with automated applicant tracking tools, MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Ability to influence senior leadership within and outside of Talent Acquisition.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and both oral and written communication skills
• High energy, and has relationship building skills with ability to take initiative, prioritize, influence, negotiate and partner cross functionally
• Strong analytical skills, the ability to report and understand data.
• Strong presentation skills.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.