POSITION TITLE: Fulfillment Center Manager - Inventory
REPORTS TO: Director, Fulfillment - UFC
LOCATION: Utah Fulfillment Center
At Backcountry our success relies on our ability to interpret data, understand strategy, and execute at a high level. We are looking for an innovative and passionate individual that is fanatical about taking care of their people and crushing results! This person will work interdepartmentally with both Inbound and Outbound Teams to efficiently and accurately move received units into primary inventory locations to be processed when sold.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead a team of up to 40 people to deliver a world-class experience for Backcountry customers
• Manage the Inventory Team, which includes: Putaway Functions, Cycle Count, Inventory Problems, Inventory Shrink, and Inventory Slotting and SKU Allocation
• Work to balance state of the art automation with conventional mezzanine replenishment
• Cross department functionality; collaboration between Inbound and Outbound Leaders and processes
• Work closely with Director and peers to ensure we are taking care of our people and providing a safe and fun environment
• Always maintains a clean and organized environment/work space
• Innovate with a results oriented mindset to deliver on key objectives
• Coordinate with all company levels and develop a strong network
• Meet with team regularly to maintain a constant communication stream
• Recruit passionate and promotable people and develop a strong pipeline
• Maintain an objective approach with department and team
• Challenge existing processes and industry “best” practices to discover “right” solutions
• Capture and review data to make decisions and recommendations
• Perform performance reviews and make recommendation for increases
• Build work schedules that are aligned with company strategy
• Assist with Company and Fulfillment Center project
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support green initiatives through social responsibility
• COVID Compliance and Safety Initiatives
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• BA or BS preferred
• 3 years’ experience in eComm customer facing environment. Fulfillment “preferred”.
• 2+ year’s Inventory Slotting experience “preferred”
• 5 years of leadership experience required
• Managing the performance of hourly employees and supervisors (staffing level depends on time of year)
• Must be able to apply established procedures and follow oral/written instructions
• Must be able to work independently without direct supervision and organize/prioritize workload to ensure completion of all tasks within established time frames
• Must be able to deal with the pressure of meeting production schedules
• Computer skills, including familiarity with the internet and email/MS Word, Excel and Outlook required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Terms are defined as “Regularly”: 60 – 100%, “Frequently”: 30 – 60%, “Occasionally”: 10 – 30%, “Rarely”: 1 – 10%.
• Regularly use hearing/speech abilities to communicate with coworkers, give/receive instruction, listen for equipment malfunctions, etc.
• Regularly use sight abilities: depth perception, hand/eye/foot coordination, visual acuity in near-, mid-, and far-range vision.
• Regularly stand/walk on concrete floor
• Frequently climb up and down stairs and occasionally climb ladders
• Frequently bend/twist at waist/knees/neck
• Regularly use both hands/arms to reach/push/pull/lift
• Constant: 10 – 30 lbs.
• Occasional: 30 – 60 lbs.
• Rarely: less than 10 lbs., or greater than 60 lbs.
• Crawling is typically not required
• Work is predominantly performed indoors, and noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some work is required outdoors in varying weather conditions.