Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
About the Role:
Key areas within the role
• Own reporting on a weekly and monthly basis, improving and automating the current workflow and Looker dashboards
• Work closely with the Finance Team and Merchandising Team to align on business goals and clearly communicate with the Performance Marketing Team on recent changes (knowledge of forecasting models is a plus)
• Build data pipelines between Big Query and Looker
• Implement complex data structures using Looker that provide the basis for analytics and dashboards
• Ensure data collection is optimized to provide crystal-clear visibility into the past, present, and future behaviors of our customers
• Pursue data quality, troubleshoot data validation, and see issues thru to resolution
Experience We're Looking For:
• 2+ years of analytical work experience in retail/E-Commerce
• Technically proficient in Looker (LookML) and SQL, R or Python is a plus
• Hands-on experience in Web Analytics tools like Google 360
• High attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills with an obsession to detail and quality
• Exceptional work ethic and proven ability to overcome obstacles to deliver results
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Bachelor's or graduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Information Systems, or Marketing (with an analytic focus) from a top educational institution or other quantitative fields with relevant business experience also considered.
• Passion for the outdoors a plus
What we offer:
• A career with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily.
• Perks such as an excellent gear discount.
• A fun work environment (incl. an annual adventure contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office).
• Work with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors.
• Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts