Backcountry is looking for a Paid Social Specialist to directly oversee in-house acquisition and retention channels across multiple retail sites (Competitive Cyclist, and Steep & Cheap) and platforms (Facebook/Instagram, Display Remarketing). This position will be responsible for day-to-day management, reporting, and optimization while overseeing testing and defining a strategy that drives growth and profit. The role is based out of our corporate office in Park City, Utah as a member of the Growth Marketing team, reporting to the Lifecycle Marketing Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for operation and execution of Competitive Cyclist and Steep & Cheap Paid Social and Display channels, along with providing support for Backcountry
• Manage campaign structure, optimization, and strategy in alignment with company initiatives to drive acquisition growth and retention profitability
• Oversee daily, weekly, and monthly reporting and communication
• Partner with Marketing Analytics on planning, forecasting, and spend/efficiency targets
• Lead testing within existing channels as well as new ones to help diversify mix with learnings that can scaled to other channels or across sites
• Proactive participation in appropriate meetings and team initiatives
• Collaborate with Paid Social Creative Specialist to test and implement creative best practices across channels
• Support of retail and owned brands initiatives among wider marketing team where applicable
• Stay on top of recent industry trends relevant to the channels and the business
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• BA/BS required with strong academic record
• 3-5+ years of direct, proven Facebook Ads Manager experience at scale, preferably in a retail ecommerce environment
• Must have strong understanding of digital marketing, growth/performance marketing, paid social, and display along with concepts like attribution, incrementality, margin, and payback/breakeven
• Outstanding written and verbal professional communication skills and ability to build internal and external relationships among stakeholders
• Exceptional, detailed-oriented analytical skills with the ability to leverage data to develop actionable, data-based business recommendations using Looker, GA360, and Excel fluency
• Proficiency with Facebook tools like Conversion Lift, Conversions API, Brand Lift, and A/B Tests in addition to Catalog Sales and Conversions objectives
• Comfortable in a highly entrepreneurial, fast pace environment and lean team
• Passion and experience in the outdoor industry is a plus
About Backcountry Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.