Backcountry is looking to expand our Fulfillment team with someone who is ambitious, organized, and thrives in a fast - paced environment to help drive us toward our future goals. The Fulfillment Supervisor manages designated areas of Warehouse Operations by actively providing departmental support, leadership, and reporting of daily functions in unison with hourly employees.Available Supervisor Shift:AM - M-F 6:00AM - 2:30PM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coaching employees with work and performance-related support
• Assessing and adjusting labor to best meet needs of the department
• Fixing problems that occur to ensure inventory and/or shipping accuracy
• Supervise the flow of incoming inventory and investigating problems with workflow
• Managing labor via the computer and/or personally to emphasize priority on orders that have expedited shipping status
• End of day closing reports and activities
• Communicate with other departments about building priorities and orders needing extra attention
• Troubleshooting and minor repair on conveyor system
• Resolving inventory issues by adjusting inventory
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in LEAN initiatives
• Participate in company events
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• High school diploma or equivalency preferred
• AA or BA or equivalent experience preferred or completion of some business classes
• 1 year leadership experience
• At least 6 months fulfillment center experience preferred
• Verbal and written comprehension of the English language required
• Basic math skills required
• Computer skills, including familiarity with MS Office programs
• Operating a forklift may be necessary
• Must be able to apply established procedures and follow oral/written instructions
• Must be able to work independently without direct supervision and organize/prioritize workload to ensure completion of all tasks within established time frames
• Must be able to deal with the pressure of meeting production schedules
• Work varying shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed to support business
• Ability to work at elevated heights (30+ feet)
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and vendors
• Must be willing to work outside in inclement weather
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Terms are defined as “Regularly”: 60 – 100%, “Frequently”: 30 – 60%, “Occasionally”: 10 – 30%, “Rarely”: 1 – 10%.
• Regularly use hearing/speech abilities to communicate with coworkers, give/receive instruction, listen for equipment malfunctions, etc.
• Regularly use sight abilities: depth perception, hand/eye/foot coordination, visual acuity in near-, mid-, and far-range vision.
• Regularly stand/walk on concrete floor
• Frequently climb up and down stairs and occasionally climb ladders
• Frequently bend/twist at waist/knees/neck
• Regularly use both hands/arms to reach/push/pull/lift
• Constant: 10 – 30 lbs.
• Occasional: 30 – 60 lbs.
• Rarely: less than 10 lbs., or greater than 60 lbs
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
In addition to an outdoor enthusiast culture, we aim to create the best possible work environment in our temperature controlled, state-of-the art automated Fulfillment Center. We provide a supportive staff of managers and administrators to adhere to employee accommodations, onboarding and daily needs. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, recognition prizes, company events and in-office celebrations make for a positive employee morale and fun work atmosphere. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of flexible shift schedules with full and part-time availability, paid time off starting at 20 days your first year, and opportunities for advancement and quarterly increases. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.