The Inbound Dock Coordinator plays a critical role in the support of the UFC Receiving, Returns, and VSR departments. Associates in this role will be responsible for the scheduling, reception, and directing the flow of incoming deliveries, as well as identifying compliance dispute packages during the unloading and staging of these deliveries. In addition, they will work directly with the VSR Coordinator, Receiving team, Returns team, and VSR teams to drive supply chain performance improvements. Some of the key tasks associated with this role include the following: creating and maintaining the delivery schedule for inbound shipments, identifying shipping & vendor compliance issues, understanding both unloading and receiving challenges with internal and carrier programs and partnering with internal business partners to root cause issues, proactively identifying "top offenders" and partnering with the appropriate departments to understand issues and implement corrective actions as needed, and identifying process improvement opportunities within the overall scope of the Inbound dock. This individual will also be responsible for directing the flow of scheduling and receiving deliveries, as well as communicating with the Receiving and Transportation departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directing the flow of incoming receiving deliveries
• Identify vendor compliance issues during the unloading and staging of receiving deliveries
• Partnering with internal business partners to root cause delivery issues, drive corrective action
• Identifying and communicating process improvement opportunities within the Receiving, Returns, and VSR departments.
• Scheduling, communicating, and assisting in unloading drivers/deliveries
• Owning and communicating with the Receiving and Transportation departments regarding Expected Shipments
• Exceptional customer service and relationship management skills
• Computer usage
• Read and audit labels
• Analyze deliveries, inventory, and problems and initiate a resolution
• Compile and send out end-of-day reports
• Communicate effectively via MS Outlook email
• Coach and train employees on job-specific tasks
• Use internal reporting programs, NetSuite, Interchange, and Xroads, to research and log problems
• Track data using MS Excel, Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, etc)
• Participate in team meetings, receive instructions, and provide feedback as appropriate
• Operate pallet jack, and forklift as needed
• Maintain a clean and organized dock and work space
• Other duties as assigned
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in LEAN initiatives
• Participate in company events
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Prefer high school diploma or equivalency
• 1 year experience in Fulfillment/Transportation/Logistics
• Previous experience processing in the Receiving Department preferred
• Verbal and written comprehension of the English language required
• Basic math skills required
• Must be able to apply established procedures and follow oral/written instructions
• Must be able to work independently without direct supervision and organize/prioritize workload to ensure completion of all tasks within established time frames
• Must be able to deal with the pressure of meeting production schedules
• Computer skills, including familiarity with the internet and email as required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Terms are defined as “Regularly”: 60 – 100%, “Frequently”: 30 – 60%, “Occasionally”: 10 – 30%, “Rarely”: 1 – 10%.
• Regularly use hearing/speech abilities to communicate with coworkers, give/receive instruction, listen for equipment malfunctions, etc.
• Regularly use sight abilities: depth perception, hand/eye/foot coordination, visual acuity in near-, mid-, and far-range vision.
• Regularly stand/walk on concrete floor
• Frequently climb up and down stairs but rarely climb ladders
• Frequently bend/twist at waist/knees/neck
• Frequently use both hands/arms to reach/push/pull/lift
• Constant: 10 – 30 lbs.
• Occasional: 30 – 60 lbs.
• Rarely: less than 10 lbs., or greater than 60 lbs.
• Crawling is typically not required
• Work is performed indoors, and noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.