The Retail Store Manager is the business unit owner of the retail store location. Their most important duty is to manage and lead their store. They are the leaders, trainers, and motivators in the field. They are strategic, ambitious, and autonomous. They are on the front line of executing company initiatives. They will work passionately to get the job done.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drive customer service excellence to every aspect of the store, including store appearance, display of merchandise, product placement, story layout, and selling procedures
• Ensure strategic goals and sales targets of the store are met by maximizing sales and gross profit, reviewing sales performance, controlling expenses, and managing inventory
• Develop top performers - track individual, team, and retail results to identify and act on both positive and negative performance trends to ensure attainment of revenue goals and performance targets
• Hire, train, develop, and supervise staff
• Provide staff with feedback, coaching, and performance evaluations
• Coordinate daily staffing and staffing schedules
• Ensure the store complies with outlined safety policies and procedures, as well as state and local health regulations
• Make sure wages, work hours, and equal employment opportunities are upheld according to federal and state laws
• Perform administrative tasks to support the smooth operation of all store operations, including the timely submission of all personnel paperwork, preparing and submitting reports, and monitoring sales receipts and cash
• Monitor stock and inventory, and perform quality assurance of merchandise on a regular basis - ensuring healthy shrinkage levels and proper turn of inventory
• Own difficult or emotional customer service situations, ensuring optimal outcome and customer satisfaction
• Execution of marketing activation, store awareness tactics, events and promotions
• Development of VIP clientele through dedicated GHX staff member(s)
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to engage staff, monitor and motivate performance
• Good listening skills – able to encourage team and individual feedback
• Skilled at analyzing and interpreting metrics, utilizing reporting to help drive healthy competition
• Coaching and mentoring ability
• Strong PC knowledge and proficiency
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills are required
• ·Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the business
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, VISUAL ACUITY & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
• Regularly use hearing/speech abilities to communicate with coworkers, give/receive instruction, listen for equipment malfunctions, etc.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
• Regularly stand/walk on concrete floor
• The employee must occasionally kneel, stoop crouch, twist and lift up to 10 pounds, with or without accommodations
• Employee may be required to infrequently lift/carry items that weight up to 60 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Seek it. Find it. Send it. That’s our mantra. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—we aim to give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase down life’s greatest moments. We foster local community in our expanding retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoor for all through our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we offer the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a top-notch shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like a crazy-awesome gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office. When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skin track laps are the norm, lunch break MTB rides are our sustenance, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the crag together post work. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.