“The Mountain Sport Company”, Salomon was born in 1947 in the heart of the French Alps and the birthplace of modern Alpinism. Salomon’s commitment to innovative design and passion for mountain sports created a vast range of revolutionary new concepts in bindings, boots, skis and apparel for both Alpine and Nordic skiing and brought innovative solutions to footwear, apparel and equipment for snowboarding, adventure racing, mountaineering, hiking, trail running, and many other sports. Through performance driven design, Salomon delivers innovation and progression to mountain sports; converting new ideas into action and expanding the limits of possibility. Salomon’s heritage, culture, and commitment are tied together by one simple concept: the world’s leading mountain people creating the world’s leading mountain products. Diversity is one of Salomon’s five values, therefore we are committed to creating and inclusive environment for all. Salomon is headquartered in Annecy, France.
Amer Sports is a sporting goods company with internationally recognized brands including Salomon, Arc’teryx, Peak Performance, Atomic, Suunto, Wilson and Precor. Amer Sports Winter and Outdoors, situated at the base of world-class skiing in Ogden, UT, is looking for individuals to join our team, professionals who are passionate about contributing to the success of our company while building a career in the outdoor industry. Across its portfolio of brands Amer recruits talented professionals who combine personal ambition with enthusiasm for working as part of a team toward a common goal.
What You'll Do
We are currently seeking a Ecommerce Merchandising and Platforms Manager for our North American ecommerce business. The Ecom Merchandising and Platforms Manager plays a critical role in driving our regional ecommerce strategy, and is responsible for delivering an exceptional experience on salomon.com that leads to high engagement and high conversion from our customers. You will be directly responsible for the content on salomon.com and have an opportunity to lead in our fastest growing business area.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop the overall site merchandising and KPI delivery strategy for North America
• Lead the team to implement that strategy across PLP and PDP touchpoints, cross sell programs, VIP group merchandising, site personalization, and testing roadmaps
• Own the seasonal merchandising calendar for the US and CA, including homepage and collection publishing, special sales and promotions, and other campaign pages and activations
• Make day-to-day adaptations to the in-season catalogue to adjust visibility, sellability, pricing, etc. on our product collection
• Act as project manager for new collection and capsule launches including testing, merchandising and pricing
• Act as the primary contact with our European HQ on broader platform implementation, including providing local feedback and input, rollout for local catalogue and sites, and building local capabilities and redundancies within the new platform stack
What We're Looking For
This role requires a B.S. in business, technology, or a related field. We are looking for a candidate with 5-7 years of strong experience in ecommerce, digital, and content merchandising.
Other qualifications include:
• Deep understanding of consumer-centric ecommerce content needs and shopping trends
• A self-starting attitude and ability to work well under pressure
• Experience optimizing ecommerce KPIs including CR, AOV, and UPT to drive a large multi-faceted business
• Analytical mindset and experience with digital analytics tools (Adobe Analytics or GA preferred)
• Experience mastering and optimizing ecommerce tool stacks (including tools for CMS, catalog management, cross selling, personalization, A/B testing, pricing, etc)
• Project management experience
• Experience with Magento 2.0 and the Adobe Experience Cloud is a plus
What We’ll Provide
This role is based at the regional headquarters for our Amer Sports Winter & Outdoor category of Brands in the city of Ogden, Utah -- the gateway to many exciting ski areas and other outdoor recreation opportunities.
We offer a great working environment in the sports industry with talented & passionate colleagues all over the world! Other benefits and perks include:
• Medical, dental and vision
• 401k with company match
• Life insurance, pre-tax transit benefit program
• Discounts on Amer Sports products
• Smart casual dress
• Free gym membership and ski pass
• Summer hours
Amer Sports is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.