PR Associate - Teva, Sanuk, HOKA ONE ONE
- Deckers Brands
- United States
- Santa Barbara, CA
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
Under the direction of the Sr. PR Manager- Performance Lifestyle Brands, Teva, Sanuk, and HOKA ONE ONE, the PR Associate will contribute to the consistency of the overall Brands media messages. Working directly with product, this role will manage sample requests, editorial product pulls, and external facing communication. With an additional focus on the internal communication of PR activities, and relationship building of the brands in the editorial space for various product categories seasonally, as well as executing events along with the Brand’s partner agency. Fostering relationships to keep Teva, Sanuk and HOKA ONE ONE top of mind is key, as well as having full knowledge of industry competition as related to our marketplace positioning.
Lead sample account inventory and related orders/returns in collaboration with agency partners, communicating seasonal and special orders to the production team and fulfilling editorial pulls. Manages event logistics for PR events from start to end. Assisting with the management of multiple budgets and event calendars to meet the needs of all levels of internal and external teams.
Establish and maintain key relationships with media, influencers, celebrities, and partners. Respond to inquiries from the public, media or other interested parties and working with PR Agency to ensure that all communications are accurate and Brand appropriate. Researches new pitching outlets and story ideas together with internal and agency partners.
Manage Internal Global PR website and communicate plans out to key stakeholders. Working with PR agency and internal departments on project management of seasonal strategies, ensuring seamless execution, within budget. Writing and editing copy for press materials, as needed. Creates and circulates biweekly editorial to internal stakeholders.
Analyze, summarize and develop conclusions, recommending improvements to increase efficiency and output. Prepare qualitative and quantitative analysis and reports as requested.
Contribute to the development of strategic PR planning from brainstorming tactics, possible partnerships, events, etc., in collaboration with internal stakeholders and external agency partners for Teva, Sanuk and HOKA.
Scanning and monitoring real-time trends in the Brand’s competitive marketplace. Travel to media and influencer facing events as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree minimum related to Marketing or Communications.
• 2-4 years of experience in a public relations agency or corporate marketing communications environment.
• Basic understanding of media relation skills and comprehension of social media.
• Must possess excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills, as well as attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in fast-paced work environment. Work with team to prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
• Experience in writing, editing copy for press releases, media alerts and other PR related material.
• Experience in managing relationships with influencers and media.
• Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, project management and organizational skills.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Should have a positive, energetic working style.
• Proven, successful track record in project, budget and team management.
• Proficient in Microsoft Applications
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to professionally and effectively interact with internal and external teams
• Proven track record of success
• Proven track record of fiscal responsibility
• Knowledgeable in current trends
• Experience working effectively in complex global organizations, satisfying the needs of diverse constituents, and often working under the pressure of competing and sometimes conflicting priorities
• Ability to use independent judgment in performing all duties of the position
• Ability to travel domestically
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.