• • Please Note – we are looking for someone with BICYCLE industry experience from the California market• •
We are looking for a local Product Design Engineer to design innovative products for the bicycle industry. Our house brands are XLAB and DAWN to DUSK. Both brands are involved in state-of-the-art designs for storage of hydration, nutrition, repair and other accessories on all types of bicycles. XLAB is the world leader in Triathlon bicycle accessories and DAWN to Dusk is a new brand directed at the Gravel bike and Mountain bike segments. The company is a family run business with a fast paced and friendly environment. If you are a bicycle enthusiast this could be your dream job. Must already live in Southern California.
• Innovate unique concepts and new technologies
• Use sketches, produce CAD layouts, make working prototypes, and 3D models to communicate your designs.
• Comprehensive understanding of high volume manufacturing materials and processes and their design requirements.
• Carry out comprehensive testing on all prototype and completed products. Construct test fixtures as required. Run Aerodynamic simulation program
• Have a flair for product styling suitable for the applicable market niche.
• Accurate CAD drawings using specific design guidelines for each manufacturing process.
• Communicate with vendors at all stages of quoting and manufacturing.
• Monitor applicable technology and competitor trends and report to the team.
• Continually bring new product ideas to the CEO.
• Quickly and effectively communicate ideas and concepts to the team
• Ability to meet deadlines no matter what it takes
• Naturally creative and curious about technology
• Good communicator and team player
• Detail obsessed
• Great self organization
• Bicycle enthusiast preferred
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 4 years experience in wide variety of products
• Highly experienced with SolidWorks. MakerBot experience a benefit.
• Experience with consumer hard goods a benefit
• Well developed computer skills especially MS Excel
• Strong project management skills
• Good at multi-tasking
Dynamic sports environment. Compensation based on experience and skills. Subsidized medical benefits, 401K Plan. Great bicycle industry discounts. Located close to trails and country roads.
Please be sure to include answers to the following questions with your application:
• How many years of Product Design experience do you have?
• What is the highest level of education you have completed?
• What salary are you looking for?