Global Communications Director--Tech Savvy & Data Driven
- PADI Worldwide Corp.
- United States
- Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
- 8 year(s)
- Min Salary: $100000.00 - Max Salary: $115000.00 per Year
PADI, the global leader in Scuba Diver Training, is searching for a full-time GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR at our corporate headquarters in Rancho Santa Margarita. PADI offers its employees a unique culture centered around an active lifestyle, fun and hardworking colleagues, interesting work, competitive salary and outstanding benefits. We are an amazing company searching for amazing people to join our team!
Founded in 1966, PADI has grown consistently through our 51 years in business, continually raising the bar for the industry we are all so passionate about. We know who we are as a company but never let that hold us back from reinventing ourselves and keeping our mission modern and relevant. One thing that stays consistent is our mission to be “The Way the World Learns to Dive”. PADI certified our 25 millionth diver in 2016, an achievement no other scuba diving agency can claim.
PADI strives to create a work environment that respects individual contribution while maintaining a strong team approach for successful execution of business objectives. The executive team believes in a work-life balance that enables employees to meet their personal and family needs with flexible hours and an extensive benefits plan.
PADI has been voted an Orange County Top Workplace in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Global Communications Director closely collaborates with the Global Director of Marketing and Brand Development, the Director of Digital Experience and the Director of Diver Affinity. The Director will define and deliver a best-in-class content strategy that supports the global brand agenda and category objectives. The Director oversees the development, implementation and ongoing improvement of the organization’s integrated channel strategy to deliver a seamless customer journey along with consistent branding and message deployment. This person steers global corporate content management including content planning, development, production, scheduling and distribution to both internal and external customers liaising with PADI Regional Headquarters around the world to ensure global strategies and messaging are consistent. This person also directs digital community and social media channel management, and the organization’s email and digital channel automation strategy.
The Director will build, lead and develop the Global Communications team and lead initiatives to evolve the organization’s existing multichannel marketing approach to an omni-channel approach. They will steer PADI’s global communications plan to support key product launches, events and industry updates. The Director will also direct email, social media, web, print and online community strategies leveraging user data to enhance engagement and conversion rates and create the analytical tools to determine actionable opportunities and executive insights.
PADI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to flexible work hours, including a 9/80 work week which provides all participating employees with every other Friday off; the company also offers robust benefit plans at little cost the employee, and a wellness program with rewards for participating employees. Among the highlights at our Orange County headquarters are multiple break rooms, including a large one with a pool table, a ping-pong table, vending machines and books for leisure reading. Recreational amenities include an on-site gym, half basketball court, an on-site swimming pool and shower-equipped locker rooms. Also offered onsite are PiYo and yoga classes. Our employees also benefit from generous time off and a 401(k) with match.
If this job sounds interesting to you and you meet these requirements described above we’d like to get to know you! Please submit your resume & salary requirements online. To learn more about our company visit us at www.padi.com.
Our ideal candidate will have the following experience, demonstrated skills, and education to qualify for the role:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism or Communications or a business related field. Master’s Degree/MBA a plus.
• 8+ years’ industry and/or relevant work experience.
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience managing a marketing communication team with demonstrated success in employee development and performance management skills.
• Experience leading database-driven loyalty programs through technology with demonstrated success in building consumer engagement.
• Experience leading a digital organization and achieving success
• Deep understanding of content marketing and management, digital marketing, current digital technologies, and emerging digital capabilities.
• Robust experience in Marketing Cloud environment, with specific mastery of Silverpop
• Extensive understanding of digital and social marketing industry trends, tactics, current events, and user behavior.
• Ability to collaborate and manage internal and external cross-functional groups including product and technology, marketing, media, agencies and freelancer writers and programmers.
• Working knowledge of analytics systems and tools, standard CMS platforms and digital channels.
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and managerial level of strategic thinking with ability to influence and persuade across all levels of the organization. Exercises a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to foster a cooperative global work environment.
• Excellent presentation and organizational skills.
• Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
• Strong understanding of the dive industry preferred.
• Digital marketing or related certifications preferred.
• PADI Open Water Diver certification preferred.
• PADI Professional level membership preferred.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.
We breathe underwater, 9/80 flexible workweek, low cost robust health benefits, 401k w/discretionary match, 3 weeks accrued vacation, 13 paid holidays, fitness center, pool onsite, scuba lessons