National Sales Manager, Outdoor
- Klean Kanteen
- United States
- Chico, CA
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
We are the Change We Seek
Imagine working for a company with a proven record of changing the world for the better. At Klean Kanteen we are dedicated to providing safe, high quality products that encourage a healthy lifestyle, sustainability and environmental awareness. Success in making reusable bottles part of everyday life has inspired Klean Kanteen to innovate a wide range of products good for both people and the planet. We are committed to model a better way of doing things, and have fun doing it.
Community & Giving
Klean Kanteen is a Certified B Corp and 1% for the Planet member. Certified B Corporations are leading a global movement to redefine success in business and meet rigorous and independent B Corp standards of performance, accountability, and transparency—which all guide our business day to day, and into the years ahead. A 1% for the Planet member since 2008, we donate 1% of total revenue to environmental organizations focused on shared values—health, sustainability, and environmental stewardship.
Klean Kanteen takes great pride in the company we keep. There are many hands-on opportunities for participation with our partners, ensuring that real relationships are fostered between Klean and the organizations we support. As part of that philosophy, Klean Kanteen has an active employee volunteer program that supports employees’ passion around giving back. We’ve climbed mountains, built homes, restored habitat, and carried water to support those who have none. From hiking supplies to NatureBridge students in the High Sierra to supporting dam removal with American Rivers, our people are encouraged to be as involved and committed as Klean Kanteen’s charitable dollars.
Klean Kanteen is family-run, and employee-owned. We have a tight-knit, fun, team-oriented culture, with a robust employee training and development program. With a casual office setting and open work environment, you’ll find most people in jeans and t-shirts. Most importantly, we’re all here to make a difference, and enjoy plenty of exciting challenges ahead.
The National Sales Manager, Outdoor is directly responsible for sales in this domestic wholesale channel. Through excellent customer relationships the National Sales Manager maintains and grows assigned accounts.
Organizational Chart / Reporting Relationship:
- Supervision Exercised: None
- Supervision Received: VP, Global Sales & Customer Service
- Directly responsible for the growth of Outdoor Channel sales
- Responsible for outside Sales Representative relationships
- Responsible for forecasting, planning and measuring the growth and stability of the channel
Duties / Responsibilities to accomplish Essential Functions:
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Outdoor Channel Sales:
- Works in close collaboration with VP, Global Sales & Customer Service to ensure aligned and effective channel sales and brand strategies for Outdoor Channel
- Owns individual channel sales accounts and strategic partnerships: directly responsible for the growth of these accounts; and to meet and exceed budgets.
- Owns corporate co-brand accounts (if applicable)
- Develops and maintains key relationships
- Ensures that channel sales and margin goals are met or exceeded.
- Delivers on sales plans, customer service, forecasting, brand development, partnership programs and community outreach.
- Utilizes trade shows to strengthen relationships with key accounts and to foster engagement with sales reps
- Proactively communicates promotions, product line updates and technical training to key accounts
- Follows sales processes and procedures; continually seeks to identify improvement needs or opportunities for increased efficiencies and communicates these effectively
- Ensures superior customer service and order management at all times
- Collaborates cross-departmentally to ensure ease and efficiency of doing business with Klean
Sales Representative Management:
- Responsible for building a team of outside sales representatives, including recruitment and termination
- Partners with and provides direction to outside sales representatives
- Consults with VP, Global Sales & Customer Service if and when changes in outside representation need to be made
- Provides monthly territory sales reports to outside rep agencies and VP, Global Sales & Customer Service
- Proactively communicates promotions, product line updates and technical training to outside sales representatives
Forecasting, Planning and Measuring:
- Provides annual financial forecast for channel and works with VP, Global Sales & Customer Service for strategic planning inputs
- Develops a needs analysis of client’s business and the potential sale of products.
- Works directly and collaboratively with Marketing & Brand and Product team members in the development, planning and execution of Go-To Market plans
- Develops annual promotional calendar
- Provides monthly unit forecast for demand planning purposes
- Manages to metrics that reflect account improvement:
* Maintains and grows overall account and channel profitability
* Monitors account performance
* Anticipates trends and effectively communicates opportunities and challenges to Director of Sales and other stakeholders
Leadership and Collaboration:
- Actively supports a culture of accountability while maintaining the camaraderie and friendly nature so valued by the staff and leadership team of Klean Kanteen
- Fosters a culture of transparency to the team, distributors, retail partners, and consumers of Klean Kanteen.
- Measures and monitors progress against objectives and performance targets.
- Effectively collaborates with internal and external constituencies.
- Follows departmental and company processes and procedures.
Mission and Values:
- Is a champion and advocate of the mission in all actions and interactions with our customers, partners and staff
- Actively supports Klean Kanteen values
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to confront tough issues in a productive manner, creating buy-in and support for key sales strategies
- Strong teamwork, team development and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to utilize sales processes and procedures such as CRM and ERP tools
- Experience with industry reporting tools such as NPD/Leisure Trends
- Consistently exhibits company values and ethos in all interactions with internal staff, associates, customers, suppliers, and external constituents
- Proven customer service skills with internal and external customers both in-person and via other media such as email and telephone. Able to work under short deadlines as well as dynamic, potentially stressful customer service situations.
- Must have excellent organizational skills; Ability to organize, plan and manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to make good decisions - think quickly, act decisively, inform others; Proven analytical, research, problem-solving and decision making skills; Demonstrated ability to understand and balance technical issues / solutions with time / cost / human factor.
Education or Formal Training:
- BS/BA in Business, Communications, Sales, Marketing or other relevant fields required or relevant work experience/training that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in the role;
- MBA preferred
- Direct or relevant combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities in qualifying.
- 5+ years of experience in outside sales or business development with both large format and independent outdoor retailers
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Desktop PC, standard computer printers and faxes, copy machines and other office equipment.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Ability to travel 30%
- Standard business / cubicle environment
- Bending, and reaching forward, sideways, and overhead; Finger dexterity to perform functions on computer and access files.
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Operation of motor vehicle (requires valid California driver’s license)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT / VETERANS’ PREFERENCE POLICY / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com.