Retail Relations Specialist
- Emerald Expositions
- United States
- San Juan Capistrano, CA
- 2 year(s)
- Not Available
Emerald Exposition's goal is to create, market, sell and produce high quality tradeshows and educational conferences in conjunction with our leading industry publications and associations. Our top priority is to produce, develop and acquire events of strategic significance and value.
Interbike brings together retailers, manufacturers, industry advocates and media to conduct the business of cycling through tradeshows, product demo events and web-based business solutions. Produced by Emerald Expositions and based in San Juan Capistrano, California, Interbike also provides and promotes retailer education, advocacy, responsibility and critical face-to-face business initiatives within the bicycle industry.
As a Retail Relations Specialist, you’ll provide support to the Marketing Director in the execution of Interbike’s attendee acquisition and retention strategy. Duties will include: outreach to target attendees, development of retention plans, new buyer development (lead generation), VIP support and coordination between retailers and key exhibitors.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Work with Marketing Director to identify and target retail buyers, promote attendance among key regional, national and international retailers and targeted attendees through personal contact and relationship development.
- Manage priority retailer program including identifying priority retailers, outreach to retailers and coordination with brands.
- Build relationships with key retailers. Will also assist with buyer outreach for educational programs, demo activations, research, sales rep initiatives.
- Telemarketing as well as in person visits across bicycle industry events as directed by show management.
- Develop and manage attendee loyalty/retention program
- Manage attendee database, including identifying buyers, creating tiers among existing buyers and pulling lists.
- Work closely with Marketing Director on all attendee-facing communications.
- Develop new prospects that are not currently in the database.
- Cultivate relationships with key industry groups (rep groups, buying groups and key retail groups) to drive more attendance within targeted buying groups as assigned.
- Work with sales team to understand exhibitor targets, connecting exhibitors to the right attendees, and to promote the group’s attendee outreach efforts.
- Work with Marketing Director to educate buyers/attendees on all aspects of events. Including but not limited to assisting with registration, VIP and new buyer events, matchmaking services, walking tours, educational offerings, review of floor plan and navigational tools such as the online show planner and mobile app.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the business and the industry and understand how to translate that knowledge into solid attendee development practices. Develop strong understanding of the competitive landscape to seek out and mine for new prospects. Keep current industry trends for assigned verticals and has a strong working knowledge of verticals in which you focus on.
- Responsible for results reporting, tracking of projects and list development as well as data integrity.
- Drive key retailer information and testimonials for promotional marketing purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years’ of experience in sales, customer service, and/or retail.
- Some knowledge of bicycle industry is strongly desired. Knowledge of the retailers, brands, community is also helpful.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must have a professional demeanor with exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills; able to work independently and as a team player across several team platforms.
- Ability to work with multiple team members and third party vendors, specifically housing partner and registration team.
- Strong client service, and both telephone and in-person sales prospecting skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven, goal-oriented environment.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook). CRM management (such as Goldmine, Salesforce or other) is a plus.
- Some travel required (less than 25%).
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!
Medical, dental, 401K, paid time off.