- United States
- Santa Ana, CA
- 7 year(s)
- Min Salary: $80000.00 - Max Salary: $110000.00 per Year
QALO Inc is looking for a sharp, dynamic Controller as their accounting team leader. This is more than just checking debits and credits- this individual needs to bring their strong interpersonal relationship skills to work and effectively communicate as a management team leader. This role plays a large part in the company's financial and strategic decision making processes.
- Oversee the period close process and ensure timely and accurate financial statements.
- Manage monthly accruals, prepare and review journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement cycle, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable and processing of bi-weekly payroll.
- Responsible for the accounting of company fixed assets, including recording depreciation, accounting for disposition of assets, as well as monthly reconciliation to general ledger.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects, including ad hoc reporting requests, annual budget preparation, etc.
- Work with executives to meet and exceed operating goals
- Supervise, mentor and direct the accounting staff
- 7+ years' experience in a high-level accounting position; Consumer Product experience a must
- 3+ years' experience in supervising role
- BA/BS in accounting or related field
- Experience with SAP Business One Software is PREFERRED
- Knowledge of GAAP and statutory accounting principles, and proven technical accounting research skills.
- Strong project management, analytical and problem solving skills with ability to make executive recommendations.
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, income tax and banking working knowledge.
- Strong managerial abilities, ability to work extended hours during seasonal or peak deadline periods.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and presentations.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com
Salary dependent upon experience, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Generous PTO