The QALO Staff Accountant will assist that Controller with month-end, preparing financials, and ad-hoc reporting.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to this position, or needed to meet company needs.
Additional initiatives may be identified in the Company’s performance review process.
• Assist in the period close process and ensure timely and accurate financial statements.
• Manage monthly accruals, prepare and review journal entries and account reconciliations.
• Participate in a wide variety of special projects, including ad hoc reporting requests, annual budget preparation, etc.
• Assist with external and internal audit, including preparation of required schedules, reconciliation reports, and fluctuation analyses.
• Prepare support for monthly sales tax reporting.
• Assist in preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets, and narratives, including Budget vs. Actual variance reports and providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances.
• Assist in designing and implementing internal controls, policies and procedures to improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
• Must be willing to perform AR and AP functions- daily invoicing, cash application and collections.
Job Skills & Traits
• Strategic, analytical and creative thinker
• Strong leadership skills and ability to develop and communicate vision
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Independent problem-solving expertise, with tenacious enthusiasm to meet goals with a sense of urgency
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers, vendors and internal customers and present to external clients
• Ability to recognize and act upon trend information
• Expertise in various business technology programs
• Self-motivated and detail oriented
• Proven autonomy through high responsibility and result driven planning
Knowledge and Skills Requirement:
• 3+ years' experience in a high-level accounting position; Consumer Product experience a must
• BA/BS in accounting or related field
• Experience with SAP Business One and Netsuite is PREFERRED
• Knowledge of GAAP and statutory accounting principles, and proven technical accounting research skills.
• Strong managerial abilities, ability to work extended hours during seasonal or peak deadline periods.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and presentations.