The Product Line Manager will drive QALO’s product engine from start to finish including strategy, planning, merchandising and design. This role researches the market, creates the product line plans, guides product development, and achieves financial targets to ensure the growth and health of the QALO business. Strong calendar management and organizational skills are required in addition to product lifecycle expertise. The Product Line Manager will liaise between the creative services, sales, marketing and operations to synergize interdepartmental creativity towards the end goal of advancing the QALO brand. Core responsibilities are the following:
- Ensure the QALO line represents the brand’s fundamentals and is merchandised to compete globally from the perspective of price, design, and construction.
- Concept, implement and execute product plan taking into consideration existing assortment and future brand initiatives.
- Drive multiple categories including silicone rings, watchbands, necklaces, softgoods, accessories and ideate new product extensions.
- Manage the design calendar and product development milestones to ensure on time delivery.
- Monitor and maintain the timely communication with vendors through the product development lifecycle.
- Work with the marketing and creative services to create design briefs that will translate to marketing materials for all consumer/trade touch points.
- Work closely with supply chain operations and assist in managing relationships with manufacturer contacts.
- Track proto-typing and all related approval needs.
- Collaborate with ambassadors, brands and properties to develop custom product capsules.
- Collaborate with creative services to develop product and packaging graphics.
- Complete and analyze comprehensive market research involving global consumer, retailer, competitor and industry data to build SWOT analysis.
- Assist with the management and execution of consumer and trade related events.
- Manage Product Development budget inclusive of administrative, tooling, sampling and OPEX.
- Research and be an expert in silicone products and the manufacturing processes.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements-
- Practical knowledge of key marketing tactics and KPIs.
- Ability to think creatively and independently to develop ideas that lead to positive changes/improvements.
- Ability to be influential, persuasive and diplomatic.
- Ability to be self motivated and detail oriented, with excellent time and project management skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to function well in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
- Strong leader with experience and passion for the brand, managing people and building out teams.
Examples of Essential Functions and Accountabilities-
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to this position, or needed to meet company needs. Additional initiatives may be identified in the Company’s performance review process.