The Digital Audience Development Manager (full-time, salaried) is based out of Carlsbad, CA and will be responsible for growing the global reach of the AMI Active Lifestyle media brands (Men’s Journal, Surfer, Bike, Snowboarder, Powder, Dew Tour, Newschoolers.com, TransWorld Skateboarding, AdventureSportsNetwork.com, Canoe & Kayak/SUP/Kayak Fish and Muscle & Fitness/Hers) through existing and emerging digital, social, and connected platforms. Connecting with current and new fans to grow new and existing revenues from content and Intellectual Property through syndication, business development, social distribution and partnerships.
The role is responsible for identifying and delivering digital, video, editorial, print and brand syndication opportunities for the AMI Active Lifestyle Group. The IP includes; photo, video, articles, print, social, brand logos, OTT, mobile applications and other tangible assets.
The ideal candidate will be able to identify and think strategically about these opportunities then implement these strategies group wide. The candidate will work with editorial leadership, revenue operations and digital leadership to develop a group audience development strategy. He/she will also work to define a streamlined content delivery workflow to produce on-going content for new and existing syndication and audience development opportunities.
This role is also responsible for identifying, researching, negotiating and implementing emerging technologies related to audience and revenue growth.
Essential duties and responsibilities include :
• Creation, implementation and ongoing development of a comprehensive audience growth, partnership and syndication strategy for all AMI Active lifestyle media brands in each designated territory.
• Versed in traffic acquisition/arbitrage process
• Work with Ad Operations team to manage campaign delivery expectations/solutions
• Extensive knowledge and experience in social/digital listening platforms
• Creation of video distribution strategies for all businesses in AMI Lifestyle Group
• Identification and implementation of non-monetary traffic stream partnerships
• Develop new commercial licensing and syndication business across all market sectors in each designated industry. This includes editorial and commercial markets.
• Work with the editorial, video, social and syndication teams to ensure fulfillment of all licensing and syndication deals.
• Create a pipeline of new opportunities to unlock new revenues across print and digital syndication opportunities for maximum value. i.e. IP licensing, domestic and international syndication, market sectors
• Re-purpose existing content to reach new audiences
• Create business plans / budgets, analysis and review of potential product development including syndication opportunities, partnerships
• Manage contract negotiations – including liaising with legal team and/or editorial on contract terms
• Keep all relevant departments aware of contract changes, payment terms, content requirements, deliverables, or any potential impact on the brands
• Provide prompt and accurate reporting and budgeting
• Monitor all accounts to partnerships; licensees and syndication channels are managed effectively
• Build a framework and map of our “complete” digital footprint, not just through our O&O branded channels but everywhere our brands reach
• Experience working with social amplification dashboards, analytics, platforms and tools (Google Analytics, Facebook business manager, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, Snap Ads, Twitter Ads, Spredfast, Unmetric, CrowdTangle, etc.)
• Photo, social, html and video manipulation
• SEO/Social/Editorial best practices
• Project management and communication
• Working knowledge of CMSs and web publishing (WordPress, YouTube, etc.)
• Able to demonstrate strong and proven experience of licensing and syndication of multi-media brands and content across multiple market sectors
• Ability to think strategically about the organization, current and future strategy
• Able to display a full understanding of the commercial value of IP and content lifecycles/value/opportunities
• Strong legal skills as part of contract negotiations
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to present with confidence at a senior level within and outside the business
• Highly numerate, with a good grasp of budgeting and tracking financial performance throughout the year
• Project management and communication
• Work with minimal supervision to meet predefined goals
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, a strong team player
• Excellent organizational, written, prioritization, and analytical skills necessary
• 8+ yrs. Web/publishing experience
• 5+ yrs. paid social amplification experience
• Social media and online marketing experience
• WordPress / blogging / video production software experience
• Working knowledge of content management platforms, video platforms, publishing for web and mobile, newsletter platforms, tablet, etc.
• Bachelors’ Degree in Marketing or Journalism preferred
• Media / Law ethics education is a bonus
• Include Salary Requirements when responding to the job post.
Please submit resume through Malakye.com