Far Bank Enterprise is searching for the ideal individual to fill our Redington and RIO Products Community Marketing Manager (CMM) position.
As the leader in fly fishing, Far Bank is comprised of the greatest brands in the industry: Sage, Redington, RIO Products, and Fly Water Travel . If you are looking for a collaborative work place in a fun, fishy, outdoorsy environment, than this may just be the right fit for you.
As the CMM and as part of our Marketing Team, you will be responsible for managing the vibrant brand communities and acting as the community leader for the Redington and RIO Products brands across the digital space and in the field. Additionally, the CMM will collaborate with the Marketing Director and Creative Director to drive the annual marketing and brand strategy for Redington and RIO Products.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of digital marketing, with an emphasis on social media and influencer marketing, and has genuine connection and passion for the fly fishing community. Your primary responsibilities will be managing community strategy, corresponding content strategy, content plans, and implementation across our owned (social, email) and earned (influencers, PR, field ) channels.
The CMM position requires extensive cross-functional and external collaboration, great communication skills, excellent project management skills, and an aptitude that will be able to juggle multiple workstreams with multiple partners at once.
We have a "work hard/play hard" culture that encourages intra- and inter-department collaboration and camaraderie ' whether it's in the office or on the water. Beyond our internal teamwork, we're an intimate part of the fly fishing and greater outdoor community, providing our employees unique opportunities to enjoy outdoor gear and experiences.
This position is located in Seattle, WA and reports to the Director of Marketing.
WHO IS FAR BANK?
Far Bank is the world's authority in fly fishing, comprised of the greatest brands in the industry Sage, Redington, RIO Products, and Fly Water Travel. Founded in 1980, Sage is always striving to "perfect performance" with its Made in the USA fly rods and high-end fly reels. Redington, acquired in 2003, is a great provider of accessible fly fishing rods, reels, waders, wading boots, and apparel for the value conscience angler. RIO Products joined the family in 2005, and is recognized as the world's leading producer of the highest performance fly lines, leader, tippet, and flies for the specialty fly fishing market. In 2018, Fly Water Travel (FWT) brought a new experienced based component in an effort for all our brands to become more consumer centric. At Far Bank, our core purpose is to inspire the fly angler through outstanding products and extraordinary experiences for the fly fishing community. Far Bank Enterprises is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Joshua Green Corporation.
The Community Marketing Manager is a full-time position that is responsible for creating and implementing brand community strategies for Redington and RIO Products to drive emotive connections between our customers & our brands.
This is inclusive of social media (organic & influencer marketing), email marketing, developing relationships with endemic PR and brand ambassadors, and events in the field. To be successful, a candidate will need to have experience creating and maintaining an editorial calendar, capturing content (photo and video) as needed, and managing and developing 3rd party brand content creation.
As an integral part of the broader fly fishing community, the Redington and RIO Products CMM will need to have a strong interest and passion for fly fishing. Candidates will need to be intimately aware of our sport and have their finger on the pulse of the fly fishing community.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Experience in a digital marketing role for CPG, sporting goods equipment, or a brand with an emotional connection to its consumers
• Experience and extensive knowledge of social media marketing and developing trends (influencers, brand ambassadors, UGC)
• Editorial content calendar management, content capture (photo and video), 3rd party content management & development
• Experience in email marketing. CMM will partner with CRM team to develop and implement on-going email campaigns to support the annual campaign strategy
• Develop, manage, and implement events in the field that create brand engagement opportunities for local communities and scale to drive exposure & interest within the broader fly fishing community
• Develop and pitch content, stories, and product features to endemic media & dealers (eg. fly shops)
• Experience with digital analytics reporting tools
• Fully proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Understanding and ability to work in Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator)
• Team-oriented with a positive attitude and willingness to work hard, travel, and work weekends and/or long hours (when needed for critical business initiatives)
• Highly motivated, flexible, self-directed, and outgoing personality
• Proven project management skills including planning, budgeting, time management, prioritization, problem solving, decision making, and communication - both written and verbal
• Acute attention to detail
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree 3-5 years prior experience in social media, email marketing, digital marketing, and marketing high-end active outdoor products
This is a salary position with a competitive benefits package - and cool perks!