The Lifestyle Fabric Specialist has a key role in the creation of a completely new Lifestyle line of KLIM products. This position is responsible for the development of all new fabrics and materials needed for this new line. The Lifestyle Fabric Specialist will work closely with the Design team, Development team, and existing Material team to create the process, procedures and documentation needed to stay on time with fabric development. 5+ year’s experience in a Lifestyle brand, preferably a brand with heavy direct to consumer presence.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Lifestyle Fabric Specialist will be responsible for maintaining an organizing the Lifestyle physical material library along with the digital library in our PLM software system (Centric). Will be responsible for finding all Lifestyle fabrics and materials requested by the Lifestyle Design and Development POD. Will execute the Brief by searching, evaluating, and testing multiple fabric and material options that meet the criteria listed in the Brief. Will need to develop deep relationships with all fabric and material vendors which will allow us to stay on the leading edge of new developments.
The Lifestyle Fabric Specialist will need to communicate and continue training and knowledge sharing with the Design and Development team on all fabrics and materials found. Will help with the strategic direction of long-term Lifestyle fabric development planning and implementation. Will ensures that fabrics and materials are produced at the correct time, cost, and quality. Will be responsible for all Lifestyle test standards, procedures, and test results. Will be responsible for color and print approval on all Lifestyle fabrics created for bulk production. Will aid the Design and Development team with sourcing trim suppliers. Will aid the production team with all Lifestyle fabric pre-build and forecasting.
• Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology, products and concepts.
• Provide advice and recommend actions involving complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
• Provides occasional guidance, some of which is technical.
Education & Experience
• Bachelors Degree in Textile Development or equivalent experience in related area.
• Strong computer skills with Excel.
• Strong ability to adhere to deadlines.
• Delivers accurate data on-time and in-full.
• Excellent written and oral communication.
• Advanced product knowledge and knowledge of global markets and competitors.
• Proven experience with fabric and material development.
• 5 years previous experience in the development of Lifestyle fabrics.
• Motorsports enthusiast or experience preferred.
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice. Will travel overseas to work with material suppliers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The point system on the Employee Appraisal Form.
2. Works well in team situations and accepting of assignments for the benefit of the team.
3. How well does the end product represent KLIM Quality & Function.
4. Execution of timeline and tracking documentation.
5. Proficiency with PLM software (Centric).
6. Building and maintaining