Hydrapak is looking for an Eastern Regional Sales Manager who will be responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies to market the brand to our high-quality specialty dealer base and key accounts while maximizing sales and profit growth in accordance with company objectives. This position will also manage and support independent sales reps and agencies to strengthen the brand, optimize distribution, and maximize sales.
Responsibilities and Duties
The RSM is responsible to evaluate and assist in the development of each account in all market regions by establishing a positive long-term partnership with sales reps and dealers.
• Actively seek and establish new account distribution that meets the required guidelines for the market area.
• Maintain effective communication with all appropriate personnel regarding brand, products, promotions and new programs.
• Provide positive leadership to sales reps, dealers and staff by educating them on the brand, products and business management strategies.
• Conduct effective sell in and sell through strategies.
• Collaborate with Sales Director to analyze regional needs and opportunities, in order to maximize brand experience, distribution, and account partnerships.
• Provide accurate and timely forecasting.
• Partner with marketing and product development to achieve alignment on strategy and execution of marketing and product opportunities in region.
• Develop and implement seasonal sales programs and promotions in collaboration with Sales Director to provide competitive and profitable preseason and ASAP terms and conditions.
• Monitor, evaluate, and report on the activities and product needs in the marketplace, include competitive analysis.
• Review, analyze, and report regional sales statistics in the market on a monthly basis.
• Attend National Trade and Regional Retailer shows and promotional events.
• Monitor, enforce, and report on promotions, MAP policy and channel distribution within the given territory.
• Work with Sales Director and internal team to organize and implement sales and rep meetings.
Qualified candidates will have a bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university and at least five years direct outdoor/Camp/Cycling/hunting/fishing sales experience.
Candidates should have demonstrated experience and understanding of developing sales strategies and plans, implementing them through specific tactical activities.
• Experience managing sales reps and agencies is preferred. Experience and understanding of National Accounts, how they operate, metrics, and sell in/sell through planning.
• Key ability to pitch product line to National and Key accounts, knowledge of retail/ecommerce sales and how to grow these channels.
• Customer-focused with proven skills prospecting and developing opportunities,
• Effective communication skills including presentation, written, and verbal, with the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of audiences.
• Tactical execution skills including managing competing priorities effectively, organization and time management.
• Excellent computer skills, including CRM knowledge, Microsoft Office Suite etc.
This position works in a home office environment preferably based in the Eastern United States or Gulf Coast states. It involves frequent travel (30-50%), including significant overnight travel, making scheduled face-to- face calls, cold calls, and attending meetings and shows. Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and be located near a major airport.
We look for team members who have a professional and mature disposition, unquestioned integrity, moral character, and ethical values; one whom the organization can trust without reservation.