Surfboard Manufacturing Production Manager
- Varial Surf Technology, Inc.
- United States
- 0 year(s)
- Min Salary: $50000.00 - Max Salary: $80000.00 per Year
Varial Surf Technology is a premium surfboard technology company founded to revolutionize surfing and other action sports through advanced engineering and manufacturing. Varial Foam™ is our advanced foam core chemistry adapted from the aerospace industry. It has set a new standard for performance, making boards lighter, stronger, and more responsive than any other blank on the market. Our second major product line, Infused Glass™, brings cutting-edge resin infusion technology to production surfboard glassing. This patent-pending technology is a quantum leap in weight, strength, and laminate quality. It is available in both polyester and epoxy resin and it can be applied to both Varial Foam™ and traditional polyurethane surfboard cores. For more information about Varial, please visit www.varialsurf.com.
Position: Manufacturing Production Manager
Location: Ventura, California
Reports to: CEO
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Salary: $50,000-$60,000 + up to $20,000/year in efficiency-based bonus payouts. Stock option package. Some additional benefits.
Role: We are seeking a highly-qualified, passionate, and intelligent individual to serve as the Manufacturing Production Manager at our headquarters in Ventura, CA. This person will oversee all production operations to increase our factory’s capacity, ensure on-time order completion, and keep pace with Varial’s fast growth. In addition to hands-on manufacturing experience, an ideal candidate will have a “systems engineering” mindset and be able to optimize a complex and dynamic production environment at scale. This person will embrace our passion for a positive, team-oriented work environment that fosters collaboration, efficiency, safety, and excellent product quality. Experience managing a production manufacturing operation is desired but not strictly required.
• Manage and participate in all stages of surfboard manufacturing: CNC cutting, shaping, Varial’s proprietary Infused Glass™ lamination process, hotcoating, sanding, and QC inspections.
• Optimize and manage workflow to create efficiency.
• Foster a safe, positive work environment with high morale.
• Work alongside technicians in the shop whenever possible.
• Master each stage of the board manufacturing process.
• Continuously optimize all shop processes with feedback from technicians and management.
• Serve as the direct manager to all factory technicians.
• Level 1 HR duties for all direct reports.
• Organize, prioritize, and execute job orders.
• Ensure accuracy of shop orders, with particular emphasis on custom orders.
• Implement production planning and tracking tools in Varial’s Material Resource Planning (MRP) software.
• Document manufacturing processes and ensure they are being correctly followed.
• Assist with hiring new technicians.
• Train new technicians.
• Perform quality control inspections and oversee necessary repairs on both in-process and finished goods.
• Work closely with management to improve manufacturing facilities, infrastructure, and software.
• Materials inventory management.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University.
• An Engineering degree is strongly desired.
• Hands-on manufacturing experience in composites.
• Excellent at working with hands.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to relate to technicians and lead by example.
• Open-mindedness towards new and different ideas.
• Strong computer skills, especially with spreadsheets.
• Experience working in a production manufacturing environment.
• Surfboard building experience.
• Surfboard shaping experience.
• Surfboard sanding experience.
• Ability to generate sales through industry or personal connections.
• CNC operation experience.
Interested parties should email a copy of their resume, cover letter, and references through Malakye.com