Junior Financial Analyst
- United States
- Costa Mesa, CA
- 2 year(s)
- Not Available
We were born to chase what we are true to.
It’s not that we want to… WE HAVE TO.
We have a vision that turns obstacles into
A creative courage to tempt the impossible…
And embrace the strange.
Telling us to push further…
To try again.
Endlessly seeking elevation…
We are all connected by this same internal force.
Forever we chase that intoxicating moment when
our vision is realized…
The world around us goes quiet…
And for brief moments, we are more than alive.
True To This
POSITION SUMMARY //
The Junior Financial Analyst assists in the financial reporting, global consolidation and planning activities, and performs ad-hoc financial analysis for the Company’s global executive team.
As part of the Global Finance team, this role collaborates with Volcom’s domestic and international finance teams and reports directly to the Global Senior Director of Finance.
RESPONSIBILITIES// include but are not limited to:
• Prepare weekly dashboard, monthly financial reporting, and ad-hoc analysis for management.
• Analyze historical information and future projections to control and validate accuracy of the financial information provided by international subsidiaries.
• Ensure appropriate compilation of information into consolidated reports.
• Assists in the annual budgeting, forecasting and monthly close processes.
• Within Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), assist in the preparation of financial statements including a GAAP consolidation, balance sheets, income statements, sales and capex details.
• Assist in building management presentations and develop new reports.
• Interpret accounting and financial information and translate analysis into useful management tools and executive summaries.
• Develop recommendations to improve existing reporting processes and create efficiencies.
• Support domestic and international finance teams in implementing local controls and supporting analysis to ensure accuracy of the financial information.
• Adapt to changes, and manage several assignments simultaneously, setting priorities, meeting deadlines, and working independently within established guidelines.
• Perform under deadlines, and demonstrate willingness to work long hours if needed to complete projects on time.
• Additional ad-hoc projects as needed.
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
• 0-2 years of professional experience in accounting, budgeting, financial reporting or related field.
• ERP / accounting software experience a plus, particularly Full Circle or HFM.
• Knowledge of Financials Statements (P&L, Balance Sheet) required.
• Understanding of accounting principles and concepts.
• Organized, detail-oriented, accurate and thorough.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
• Flexibility to perform effectively in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
• This position requires working full time hours out of our Costa Mesa location
TO APPLY //
Please submit your application via the link provided and be sure to let us know industry resource Malakye hooked you up!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law