Global SMU T-Shirt / Printable's Development Associate
- United States
- Costa Mesa, CA
- 2 year(s)
- Not Available
We were born to chase what we are true to.
It’s not that we want to… WE HAVE TO.
We have a vision that turns obstacles into
A creative courage to tempt the impossible…
And embrace the strange.
Telling us to push further…
To try again.
Endlessly seeking elevation…
We are all connected by this same internal force.
Forever we chase that intoxicating moment when
our vision is realized…
The world around us goes quiet…
And for brief moments, we are more than alive.
True To This
Volcom is in search of a Global SMU T-Shirt/Printable's Development Associate to join the team in Costa Mesa, CA.
POSITION SUMMARY //
Support Global SMU development efforts specific to t-shirts and printable products. Assist with product data management in PLM / ERP systems; communicate product comments and approvals to suppliers; steward the development of product from tech pack through bulk production.
SMU (Special make-up) product requests may be initiated internally or requested by specific customers. It is essential that the Global SMU Development Associate work effectively with graphic-artists, other development staff, Sales / subsidiaries and customers; ensuring that products are delivered to accounts accurately, on schedule while maintaining Volcom quality standards and margin expectations.
• Understanding of construction methods, fabrics and print / wash techniques specific to t-shirts and printable products
• Market awareness and understanding of Volcom customer
• Familiarity with competitor products / brands
• Supplier correspondence related to product development and cost solicitation
• Assembly and delivery of product tech packs inclusive of specifications, technical drawings, blank / fabrication info, BOM, etc.
• Fabric / print development
• Trim / hardware development
• Product specific data management in Excel / PLM / ERP
• Traffic fabric, lab-dip, strike-off, wash and sample submissions between suppliers / M&D / Sales
• Adherence to development deadlines
• Other duties as assigned
• 2 years’ experience in design or graphic arts work environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Merchandising, Design or Graphic Arts or equivalent work experience
• Intermediate ability with Mac OS
• Intermediate ability with Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop
• Advanced ability with Word, Excel, Outlook
• Intermediate ability with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
• Understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
• This position requires full time hours out of our Costa Mesa location.
TO APPLY //
Please submit your application via the link below and be sure to let us know industry resource Malakye hooked you up!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law