Global Fit Tech
- United States
- Costa Mesa, CA
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
We were born to chase what we are true to.
It’s not that we want to… WE HAVE TO.
We have a vision that turns obstacles into
A creative courage to tempt the impossible…
And embrace the strange.
Telling us to push further…
To try again.
Endlessly seeking elevation…
We are all connected by this same internal force.
Forever we chase that intoxicating moment when
our vision is realized…
The world around us goes quiet…
And for brief moments, we are more than alive.
True To This
POSITION SUMMARY //
Highly technical job requiring at least 5 years industry experience in addition to fashion design degree or certification. Primary responsibilities are the fit, grading and technical construction of Volcom apparel. Ideal candidate will have experience in multiple categories and size ranges.
• Maintain calendar deadlines from first package out date through size run.
• Obtain all details of style proportion and interpret into graded spec and or block pattern. Advise designer/developer of additional detail sketches required to help facilitate proper style development.
• Work with the designer at fittings to insure the garments fit according to Volcom standards and the designer’s wishes. Provide helpful, constructive and encouraging feedback to designer regarding fit options.
• Clearly communicate fit corrections to vendors using sketches and photos and very simple worded instructions
• Communicate construction requirements and appropriate inner construction materials needed to ensure proper quality and fit of apparel to product manager as needed.
• Advise product manager of any potential quality issues through development so corrections can be made before production begins.
• Manage the block library for assigned categories and update as necessary.
• Manage the grading for assigned categories consistent with the standards for each category and size range.
• Timely correspondence with vendors and product team members.
• Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment, must be able to execute 5-10 tech comments per day depending on product mix and complexity.
• Maintain Global size definitions as required.
• 2D pattern experience on a CAD system and willingness to learn 3D apparel design system
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor degree preferred
• 5+ years industry experience in garment construction, fitting, and computer aided pattern design
• Extensive knowledge of garment production sewing and sweater manufacturing.
• Lectra Modaris pattern design, Optitex or other patternmaking software.
• Must be able to add and subtract fractions and convert fractions to decimals to .0625’’. Must be able to visualize measurements on garments and how all measurements inter relate.
• Must be able to manage up to 150 Styles per season.
• Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint applications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proficient at computer sketching.
• Self-starter, assertive, team player
• Must be able to multi task
• This position requires someone to work full time hours in our Costa Mesa office
TO APPLY // Please apply via the link provided and be sure to let us know industry resource Malakye was your source!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.