Fit Tech Assistant
- United States
- Costa Mesa, CA
- 1 year(s)
- Not Available
We were born to chase what we are true to.
It’s not that we want to… WE HAVE TO.
We have a vision that turns obstacles into
A creative courage to tempt the impossible…
And embrace the strange.
Telling us to push further…
To try again.
Endlessly seeking elevation…
We are all connected by this same internal force.
Forever we chase that intoxicating moment when
our vision is realized…
The world around us goes quiet…
And for brief moments, we are more than alive.
True To This
POSITION SUMMARY //
Entry level position for a design school student interested in a career in technical design or a recent graduate.
Responsible for measuring all samples coming from factories according to Volcom’s How to Measure Guide. This individual will also assist the technical designers in fittings and with technical correction sketches. This individual must be able to progress into a fulltime Fit Tech position and be able to take over a simple category within one year.
• Measures all samples submitted from design and production departments.
• Assists in fittings on fittings to learn how measuring points affect overall fit.
• Assists fit tech with vendor comments by organizing fit photos into files
• Digitizes patterns into the computer as needed by Fit Techs
• Helps with knock off garments
• Organizes fitting schedule
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be able to multi task and remain calm
• Must be self-directed and be able to work well independently.
• Good problem-solving skills required.
• Able to quickly and accurately measure all samples as needed
• Must be able to learn a computer data base system
• Outlook, Excel, willing to learn a data base system.
• Must be willing to learn CAD 2D and 3D pattern design system (Optitex)
• Must be able to convert fractions to decimals quickly and add fractions
• Desire to grow into a patternmaking, production or development position; this is not a permanent position, it is meant to be a move-through position.
• Excellent English reading skills and average written English communication skills required.
• Ability to add and subtract fractions and convert fractions to decimals.
• Ability to visualize how each measurement shapes the garment and how measurements of each garment are inter related
• Able to lift 20-30lbs… carrying garments
• Can be a lonely and tedious job so a highly motivated individual is needed.
• This position requires someone to work full time hours in our Costa Mesa office
TO APPLY // Please apply via the link below and let us know that industry resource Malakye was your source!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.