- United States
- Costa Mesa, CA
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
We were born to chase what we are true to.
It’s not that we want to… WE HAVE TO.
We have a vision that turns obstacles into
A creative courage to tempt the impossible…
And embrace the strange.
Telling us to push further…
To try again.
Endlessly seeking elevation…
We are all connected by this same internal force.
Forever we chase that intoxicating moment when
our vision is realized…
The world around us goes quiet…
And for brief moments, we are more than alive.
True To This
POSITION SUMMARY //
Maintain the development and quality of assigned styles by serving as the liaison between the Designer/Merchandiser and Supplier. The Product Developer is responsible for managing all aspects of the product development calendar, execution of the product, and on-time delivery.
• Monitor and maintain the development communication with suppliers, the product developer is the main point of contact for the supplier.
• Maintain style Bill of Materials within the company’s PLM system throughout the lifecycle of the product
• Review and communicate design, fit and construction comments to the Supplier & maintain the seasonal style design comment sheet at each sample stage
• Monitor & track the samples, trims, fabric, print, and color development approvals to/from Suppliers and internal communication
• Manage (in conjunction with Sample Coordinator) the sample production cycle to secure on time salesman/showroom sample delivery
• Responsible for costing negotiations with the Suppliers to meet or exceed margin targets
• Ensure that all product information is accurate in PLM system at all times during lifecycle of the product
• Work with Compliance team each season to ensure product meets Volcom’s & Global laws and standards.
• Work with Production team each season to ensure that each style is production line appropriate.
• Work with Fit Tech to prioritize and maintain fit approval schedule
• Seasonal development trips to the Suppliers (International)
• All other duties assigned
• At least 3+ years’ experience in womens apparel product development, denim & wovens preferable
• Extensive attention to detail and follow through related to calendar, vendor relations, and inner dept relations
• Detailed knowledge of garment construction and textiles
• Creative and higly motivated team player
• Word, Excel. Required knowledge at intermediate level
• Illustrator 10, CS, CS2. Preferred knowledge at intermediate level
• Full Circle and/or PLM. Experience preferred but not required
• A Merchandising or Bachelor’s degree is preferable but not required
TO APPLY // Please apply via the link provided and let us know that Malakye is your industry resource.