Global Designer - Denim & Bottoms
- United States
- Costa Mesa
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
We were born to chase what we are true to.
It’s not that we want to… WE HAVE TO.
We have a vision that turns obstacles into
A creative courage to tempt the impossible…
And embrace the strange.
Telling us to push further…
To try again.
Endlessly seeking elevation…
We are all connected by this same internal force.
Forever we chase that intoxicating moment when
our vision is realized…
The world around us goes quiet…
And for brief moments, we are more than alive.
True To This
It is the designer’s responsibility to bring fresh and innovative as well as relevant and volume driving product to fruition each season. A designer is responsible for the conceptualization, design and development approval of the product contained in the categories assigned.
• Responsible for delivering creative, market leading designs, within defined merchandising plan
• Responsible for all design details including silhouettes, fabric, fit, print, branding and all styling details
• Delivery of product direction for assigned categories
• Identify opportunities to drive revenue growth across assigned categories
• Approve all product details during the development process
• Maintain all product details in company PLM system
• Stay in tune with the needs of Volcom’s market & customer base, across all channels
• Current on trends in and outside of our immediate market
• Stay up on the competition’s product
• Travel for market research, product development with suppliers, and to attend sales meetings
• Ownership of all design deadlines across the company’s development calendar
• Other duties as assigned
• A Design, Graphic Arts, Merchandising degree or Bachelor’s degree is preferable
• 4+ years industry design experience preferred
• Advanced to Expert - Mac OSX, Panther, etc.
• Advanced to Expert – Illustrator 10, CS, CS2
• Intermediate to Advanced – Photoshop
• Intermediate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally for extended periods up to 10+ times per year
• This is as full-time position working from our Costa Mesa location