- Grundens Rainwear
- United States
- Poulsbo, WA
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
Grundens Rainwear is seeking a Demand Planner in Poulsbo, Washington.
The Demand Planner is responsible for analyzing inventory levels, production capabilities and product demand to determine final SKU forecast requirements. The Demand Planner will support multiple Business Units. The collaboration between the various business functions will be critical to the success of the Demand Planner.
A key component to this role is to build relationships with Sales, Operations and Customer Service teams. The job requires strong statistical & analytical skills in data gathering, ERPs, excel reporting and Tools. This position is located in Poulsbo WA.
The candidate must perform their assigned job functions in a timely, accurate and efficient manner to meet the needs of the business. The forecast will be generated, at a minimum, on a monthly basis. Updates may occur weekly based on business environment. Forecast accuracy is critical and will be a key measurement for this position. Other objectives will be related to inventory and customer on time performance.
• Generate forecast accurately and timely for defined product across multiple business units. As appropriate, include customer specific forecasts
• Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
• Conduct statistical demand analysis
• Incorporate any production or supplier constraints into forecast (attend production and purchasing reviews as necessary)
• Ensure appropriate forecast model is utilized; Monitor demand forecasts and ensure accurate reporting and analysis of data.
• Develop, maintain, utilize, predictive models to forecast demand and maintain accurate data
• Measure forecast accuracy and drive improvement: Develop and measure key performance indicators to track and evaluate forecasts.
• Assist in assessing the effectiveness of the demand planning & forecasting function, and to work towards continuous improvement
• Share demand planning and forecasting assumptions, analysis, and decisions
• Assist with ABC item classification management
• Assist with safety stock management
• Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
• Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
• Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
• Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
• Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
• Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Computer Science
• 3+ years materials management, production control, finance, customer service, sourcing or planning experience with demonstrated ability in analytical projects
• Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships across functional areas
• 2+ years of experience in demand planning, supply chain or closely related field
• ERP system experience with a preference for SAP
• APICS Certification is desirable
• Candidate must be able to set clear priorities, meet deadlines, have good communications skills, and have a strong attention to detail
• Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively balance conflicting goals
• Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint), Macros and heavy analytics a plus
• Ability to travel up to 25%
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.