Oakley. Designed to push the boundaries of performance. From advanced eyewear technology to apparel innovation, Oakley sets itself apart from the rest. Backed by the power of Luxottica, our athletes and customers expect the best in sports performance and Oakley employees help to fuel this drive
The Senior Director of R&D leads development of new products and technologies, in alignment with brand and customer demand and with short-term and long-term (5-10 year) strategic vision. Oversight includes partnership with the global R&D organization to drive and share innovations, and to ensure alignment to Brand and global R&D strategies. The Sr. Director leads and drives the identification, prioritization and development in of new technologies and alliances that can be incorporated into the company's current and future products. This leader has the unique ability to take and manage risks (the Vision) to help drive disruptive strategies, innovations, technologies and products.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serves as the R&D leader, planning and directing all activities of the organization, including inspiring passion for cutting-edge innovations and supporting brand initiatives
• Drives inception and development of new and innovative technology, components, processes, materials and concepts into finished product
• Partners with global R&D team to share and drive collaborative innovation across the organization and product brands
• Plans multi-year functional strategies for R&D. Directs the product development process, including resource and process management from product kick off through transfer to manufacturing
• Formulates and leads roadmap strategy for new and emerging technologies that enable company objectives
• Effectively develops and manages R&D budget
• Leads the identification, monitoring and licensing/acquisition of new technologies and potential future technology partners, to incorporate into the company's current and future products
• Works with cross-functional groups to demonstrate technology opportunities that solve consumer problems
• Creates, establishes and continuously uses effective communication channels to ensure team alignment with a multi-national operation
• Mentors and develops R&D team. Motivates team to continually improve performance and elevate abilities
• Drives R&D aspects of Intellectual Property to ensure Freedom to Operate as well as protecting new Intellectual Property.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related
• 12+ years product design/engineering experience
• 5+ years leadership
• Innovative mindset, unafraid to introduce new ideas/concepts
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Obsessive attention to detail and works well under pressure
• Superior problem solving and analytical skills
• Able to anticipate challenges and opportunity and gain alignment with other critical areas of the business to drive a cohesive organizational strategy
• Able to provide strong technical product and project leadership
• Able to think strategically toward long- term objectives and across the enterprise
• Strong business awareness and ability to integrate information
• Able to develop and drive an effective, action- oriented plan
• Able to travel up to 50%, domestic and international
• Master’s degree
• International experience
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail [email protected]
(be sure to provide your name and contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.