BUFF® is THE ORIGINAL Multifunctional Headwear brand.
Founded in 1992, BUFF® developed and introduced the seamless tubular headwear category and has been driven by innovation and performance for 29 years. Partnering with superior manufacturers of raw materials and incorporating trusted fabric technologies such as Repreve®, Insect-Shield® and Primaloft®. BUFF® has built a brand dedicated to Quality, Craftsmanship, Customizable Design and Unique Style Options. The BUFF® product line continues to grow with Hats, Caps, and Balaclavas, elevating its full product set designed for intense days in the sun to extreme cold weather conditions.
BUFF® Headwear is an international, multi-sport phenomenon - sold globally in more than 70 countries, in outdoor retailers across the globe covering outdoor, snow sports, fishing, running, cycling and general lifestyle markets. Our relentless commitment to innovation and progression of the most comfortable, durable, and breathable multifunctional headwear products continues to be fueled by the adventure and passion of those that rely on us the most – on the water, snow, mountains, trails, and roads.
Buff, Inc, is located in Santa Rosa, California. Over the past five years the company has experienced rapid growth, including being recognized by NPD, a market research company, as the fastest growing brand in the US outdoor and snowsport industry within the apparel category in 2020.
Buff, Inc. is a collaborative company full of outdoor sports enthusiasts, and our customer base includes retailers in the outdoor and sports markets. We offer a competitive total compensation, health and wellness package and a down-to-earth, collaborative and engaging work environment.
Due to COVID county mandates, this job will start as a temporary remote working position but does require coming into the office 1 or 2 times every other week.
We are looking for a candidate who is interested in working for a rapidly growing private company. The work environment is dynamic and fast paced.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will report directly to the Accounting Manager. The candidate will be responsible for the accounts payable function, participate in the financial month--end close process, and assist with special projects.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Execute and support full cycle accounts payable functions including invoice review, account and cost center coding, 4 way purchase order matching, policy compliance, data entry, account reconciliation and payment processing via checks and wires/ACH’s.
• Process on average 500 vendor invoices monthly with payment runs every other week.
• Maintains an electronic database for all invoices uploaded into the Accounting module and facilitates vendor approval workflow.
• Ensure timely payments for all recurring vendors and sponsorships and per contract terms.
• Seek collection and approval, reconcile and record expenses for business corporate credit cards.
• Set up new vendors and obtain proper W--9 documentation.
• Manage Purchase order Requisitions for compliance with the company’s Purchasing policy, ensure proper management approvals, receipt support, & payment processing.
• Manage relationships with vendors and respond to vendor inquiries.
• Provide customer service and support to internal departments and vendors with respect to various accounts payable inquiries.
• Evaluate expenses and record accruals and prepaid expenses appropriately.
• Reconcile various balance sheet accounts.
• Generate Sales Commission reports based on contract terms and process payments monthly.
• Reconcile Inventory in transit and make proper accruals.
• Generate Royalty reports to accrue monthly and calculate royalty payments based on contract terms quarterly.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
• Intermediate to advanced Excel spreadsheets.
• Intermediate to advanced 10-key skills.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
• Familiarity with accounting software programs preferably NetSuite or JD Edwards, but not required.
• Organization and attention to detail.
• Verbal communication and follow through.
• Associates Degree in Accounting or related field.
• 3+ years’ experience in AP can substitute for educational requirement.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and scanners.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time non-exempt position.
• Salary depending on experience.
• Medical, dental, vision, 401(K), group life and long--term disability insurance.
• Vacation, holiday and paid sick time off.
Please submit resume and intro letter through Malakye.com