At Tern, we’re working to build a sustainable future based on a core belief that the bicycle—the ultimate high-efficiency vehicle—is central to that vision. Every action we take can be traced to this single, simple foundation.
We're looking for an experienced Staff Accountant/Full Charge Bookkeeper to join our team at the company headquarters in Lakewood, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare and review all daily accounting transactions (A/R, A/P, Journal Entries, Fix Assets, Accrual, Prepaid, intercompany transaction, Payroll, etc),
· Reconcile the company's bank statements and bookkeeping ledgers,
· Complete month-end close process accurately and in a timely manner,
· Run entire accounting and finance department for the current company and prepare variance reports,
· Generate financial reports and assist in the preparation and filing,
· Update current year and prepare next year budgets and forecasts to the parent company on time,
· Manage working capital through oversight of accounting functions for saving and risk mitigation,
· File and remit taxes and other financial obligations on time,
· Coordinate and assist with audit requests and consolidated FS effort,
· Improve accounting procedures by analyzing current processes and recommend/implement changes,
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Qualification:
· Excellent experience with AP/AR, bank reconciliations, payroll, and month-end close
· 2+ years progressive experience
· Bachelor Degree of Accounting, Finance or equivalent
· Solid understanding of US GAAP, general accounting processes and internal controls
· Proficiency with NetSuite and Excel or equivalent ERP.
· Strong desire to work and learn in a high-growth, active transportation environment