Venice Retail Shop & Service Manager
- Sole Bicycles
- United States
- Venice, CA
- 2 year(s)
- Not Available
At Solé Bicycles we believe it’s not where you’re going, it’s how you get there. We believe your bicycle should be an extension of your life. Your bicycle should be live music, it should be art, it should epic, it should be dawn patrol and late night adventures.
Solé Bicycle Company was founded in 2009 by a group of friends who were fed up with the state of bicycles. With a shared determination and vision, we set out to introduce high performance, stylish and affordable bicycles to the planet.
Fast forward six years and we’re still doing what we love — putting our passion for design, simplicity and community into every bicycle we create. You'll catch us working day and night at our Venice, Calif. headquarters to help you fall in love with your daily commute.
We are currently seeking a Bike Shop & Service Manager for our retail location in Venice, CA.
Manage daily Bike Shop operations (60%):
• Oversee the scheduling of work (repair, maintenance, walk-in, and bike building)
• Oversee the ordering and pricing of supplies, parts, and accessories
• Oversee custom bike buildouts for Solé HQ and community partners
• Manage existing service contracts with local hotel and business partners
• Ensure a clean and organized work environment in the shop and storage areas
• Provide quality assurance: Check over completed bikes before they go to customers
• Oversee posting of sample bikes or parts for sale online (Craigslist, EBay, etc)
• Manage daily cash flow and regular deposits
• Be the point of contact for all shop related issues and respond to any inquiries in a prompt professional manner
Customer Service (20%)
• Be a central part of the HQ Customer Service response team on Zendesk and efficiently manage any tickets related to service issues
• Work with Solé HQ to create an efficient work flow on the Zendesk Platform
• Consistently be on Zopim live chat during the day
Operations and Marketing (20%):
• Oversee the development of the Solé Bicycles shop business plan and participate in HQ annual business planning
• Work with Solé HQ to ensure annual shop budget, sales goals, and resource allocations are met.
• Participate in Monthly Operations meetings
• Oversee shop communications with customers, volunteers, media, and the public including social media and website.
• Be an ambassador in the local community and involved in local business outreach.
• Be the central point of contact for Solé Bicycles brand building events based out of the Venice Retail shop.
• Strong customer service skills and experience
• Inventory management and merchandising experience
• Proficient bike mechanic skills (at least 2 years professional shop experience)
• Experience managing staff or comparable experience in a leadership role
• Highly organized, creative, and detailed oriented
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution
• Maintain and uphold Solé Bicycles consistent Retail customer experience
• Expert level bike mechanic skills, experience with full bicycle build outs
• Experience in forward brand facing bike shops (Giant, Raleigh, Public, Linus, etc.)
• Online Retail and Shopify Experience preferred
• Desire to be an ambassador in the community and help run local events
• Familiar with Zendesk or other centrally integrated Custom Service platforms preferred
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com