686 Technical Apparel is searching for an Apparel and Accessory Product Developer.
The Apparel and Accessory Product Developer is responsible for managing the development process from concept through production, in accordance with end-user needs, corporate standards for quality, consistency & functionality, while meeting price, minimums, sourcing strategies and exceeding customer expectations. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detailed, and action orientated, with the ability to be flexible and manage a large workload in a fast-paced environment and resolve issues that arise.
Manage the product development process from seasonal kick off through to commercialization. Collaborate with internal teams and suppliers to provide effective transition from brief/design through to development “buy-ready
• Monitor and maintain the development communication with vendors each day, style by style.
• Monitor fabric and trim development, tracking responsibilities, and approval process (in conjunction with design) to achieve product and calendar requirements.
• Manage tracking, comments, and calendar related to all product phases (Protos, SMS, PPS, TOP).
• Assist in costing negotiations to ensure targets are met along with product objectives.
• Create and maintain development tracker and ensure all calendar requirements are met.
• Continually support innovation in materials, technologies, construction, and applications.
• Being able to update Sketch when needed
• Commercialize materials/ trims in accordance with established standards, manage and maintain 3rd party test results (material and garment).
• Manage and maintain accurate technical packages (in accordance with product briefs); BOMs, color, data sheets, labeling, packaging, etc.
• Accurate record keeping and tracking of product components in data base and established trackers.
• Commercialize product to meet target cost, through materials, construction, and tariff engineering.
• Maintain accurate record keeping for ISO compliance and reference.
• Drive multiple project timelines and update internal team regularly on status of seasonal commercialization.
• Collaborate with TW Sourcing and suppliers throughout commercialization, meeting timeline, and maintaining related status trackers for visibility.
• Participate in product meetings to coordinate actions and mitigate project risks with additional associates and business partners as needed
• Manage fit, wear and ongoing field test and evaluation of prototypes along with tech & design.
• Domestic and overseas travel, as needed
• Other duties as assigned.
• BA Fashion Design / Development preferred and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Apparel Industry, Action Sports, preferably within the Snow/Ski Categories
• Basic CAD programs like Adobe Illustrator, In Design and Photoshop a must
• Intermediate office program skills like Excel, Word, and Outlook Full Circle experience is a plus
• Ability to manage both creative and administrative tasks
• Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects at various stages simultaneously
• Job will require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week, especially when working on rush/special projects. Pressure will exist when facing deadlines
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time while operating a computer and lift up to 20 pounds
• Ability to prove Identification and Eligibility to work in the United States
• Intermediate typing skills
• Willing to travel overseas
• Open to travel for research and development
• Ability to adjust to changing Time & Speed to Market calendar
• Ability to adjust to changing business needs
• Be Accountable for all successes and failures with a goal to correct, improve and move forward
Please submit resume and intro letter through Malakye.