686 Technical Apparel is searching for a motivated and experienced Inventory and Purchasing Specialist.
This role will start as an in-office position at our HQ in South Los Angeles, but will have the potential to become a remote work opportunity once trained, and you will report in Pacific Daylight Time to our headquarters in South Los Angeles.
Do you love being the person to keep everybody else on track when it comes to getting goods to market?
As the Purchasing Specialist, you will facilitate the complete purchasing pipeline for our wholesale and ecommerce business, including raw goods and finished products. This includes things like placing PO’s, tracking WIP reports, and working with our factories to track delivery timelines. By leveraging your analytical skills, you’ll be able to make quantifiable recommendations backed by data mixed with the right amount of intuition, and your recommendations will prove themselves over time as our sales and inventory levels validate your expertise. Ultimately, strong communication and organization are critical as this position keeps the production train moving.
If we’ve caught your attention, read on for the list of primary responsibilities:
• Create and analyze reports to make buy recommendations to leadership team for raw goods, pre-booked wholesale orders, and direct-to-consumer ecommerce orders
• Work with factories to coordinate delivery times into distribution centers for on-time pre-book delivery to customers.
• Work with production manager and freight forwarders to track all shipments from factories up until the final delivery to our DC
• Review inventory levels and coordinate transfers or additional purchase orders as needed.
• Interact with factories to maintain pricing and delivery schedule, communicating regularly with the in-house team to set solid expectations regarding timelines
• Facilitate and approve all freight bookings from factories.
• Set product customs classifications for the US, Canada and the EU.
• Establish landed costing and cost sheet maintenance in the ERP.
• Oversee and support the accurate entry, proofing, maintenance and submission of purchase orders based on customer demand, stock replenishment and leadership guidance
• Work with Production Manager on routine PO review and follow-up, with regular communication with suppliers and in-house team to resolve issues