Bookkeeper / Accountant
- BANKS JOURNAL
- United States
- Newport Beach, CA
- 1 year(s)
- Min Salary: $35000.00 - Max Salary: $40000.00 per Year
Banks Journal is in search of a Accounting Assistant to join the team in Newport Beach, CA.
ABOUT BANKS JOURNAL //
Banks Journal is a modern clothing label inspired by coastal living and a love of design. Thanks to its founders, its infused with a unique blend of Japanese and Australian heritage. These contrasting perspectives of the world come together as Banks Journal to create the contemporary coastal look and feel of the brand.
POSITION SUMMARY //
Bookkeeper / Accountant is responsible for general accounting entries including invoices, online sales, retail store sales, accounts payables, and sales taxes. This position will be reporting to the CFO, and will be working closely with Australian Accounting Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES //
• Manages the day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts receivables, accounts payables, and sales taxes.
• Assists the CFO as needed with the forecasting process, cash flow management and ad hoc reporting.
• Ensures the accurate input of all information into the accounting system including general ledger account codes, functional allocation of expenses, and compliance with accrual accounting principles.
• Reconciles bank statements for all accounts.
• Reconcile all balance sheet accounts regularly and ensure that all income, expense and balance sheet entries are properly recorded in the general ledger.
• Bachelor’s degree required in accounting, business administration or similar subject emphasis.
• Action Sports Industry experience preferred.
• Computer proficiency in: QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word
• A quick study and “can do” attitude to effectively take accountability for presenting alternatives and recommending solutions, and proactively responding to management’s needs.
• Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively with little supervision on multiple tasks requiring attention to detail and accuracy.
• Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal are required.
• Complete confidentiality and discretion, tact and poise, and sound judgment are required.
To apply, please submit your brief cover letter and resume through Malakye.
$500 retail value BANKS JOURNAL items as staff promo per season
100% coverage on medical and dental insurance
Vacation and Sick Leave (based on employees handbook)