Banks Journal is a modern clothing label inspired by coastal living and a love of design. It’s infused with a unique blend of Japanese and Australian heritage.
The Banks Journal mission is simple – to merge style & function with a sustainable approach to design and development.
As a Senior Menswear Designer at Banks Journal you will help create, shape and lead our design journey. You’re strategic and creative vision will inspire storytelling of Brand to our global
• You will develop an understanding of our culture through immersion in our comrades, artists, photographers, our products, our sustainability values, consumer retail habits and in market-and macro-trends; and you will translate what you learn into strategies for you and your team to create inspiring product designs.
• Through your storytelling, you will present visual concept solutions to product briefs; collaborate with our Design, Development and Product Management groups to focus new and innovative product designs for market success.
• You will manage and coach a team for design performance excellence; work collaboratively between cross-functional teams; and articulately communicate your design intent and impact.
• Responsible for the high-quality execution of designs in all assigned collections and categories.
• Responsible for executing individual designs and/or collections according to stated product briefs. These designs must be produced with a deep knowledge of product components, costing, target margins, and required FOB’s.
• Manages all in house and outside designers on established time lines.
• Responsible for inspiring creativity and fostering new concepts that expand on brand defining products and technologies. Continually looks for opportunities to develop design team members.
• Responsible for the Design department’s execution of high quality design/ tech packages during design process.
• Responsible for the creation of visual tools used in presentations for in-line reviews, product line meetings, and pre-line meetings with buyers.
• Responsible for creating and communicating innovative and design language within managed design groups for all collections, categories, and series.
• Responsible to work closely with Marketing to cross pollinate ideas and maintain seasonal design direction.
• Responsible for executing seasonal color palettes for all managed groups.
• Researches industry and trade shows for new materials, colors, and design trends.
• Responsible for proof of concept work by design team.
• Responsible for the Integration of Concepts and new technologies from inside and outside resources and works to ensure the successful execution of these proscribed inventions.
• Works with all countries’ that Banks Journal is distributed in to ensure product needs are delivered for all territories through the Brand lens to achieve sales targets
• Develops and tracks a design schedule to ensure timely completion of designs and design packages according to the development calendar.
• Partners with Production to ensure commercial success of seasonal line offerings and innovative advanced products.
• Manage the trim development process to ensure we are developing a consistent brand message across categories. Partners with material sourcing to develop innovative fabrications.
• Partners with The CEO to develop line direction from product conception through final execution.
• Required to understand market structure and distribution points for all assigned collections and categories.
• Department/Group Travel required