Blackout Distribution, the leader in BMX distribution and home to three proprietary brands Kink BMX, Cinema BMX and Mission BMX, is seeking a Sales Manager to foster growth. This position is located in Rochester, NY.
The Sales Manager will report directly to the president and be primarily responsible for leading the sales force while developing and implementing the sales policies as well as programs for Blackout Distribution in the U.S. and internationally. The ideal candidate will also ensure that these policies are coordinated with other company initiatives including, but not limited to, advertising, marketing and promotion.
The Sales Manager will assume the following roles and responsibilities:
• Manage, grow, motivate, inspire and lead by example our current sales representative force to increase dealer base and increase overall sales turnover and gross margins.
• Work interactively with the sales force to create new ideas and sales programs, increase new accounts and increase sales penetration at existing accounts, while creating exceptional customer experience.
• Managing and communicating clearly and effectively with both inside sales and outside independent sales reps. As well as internally with different departments and external to the company. Topics could include sales goals, projections and ongoing progress.
• Share measurable results with the management team.
• Take ownership and manage B2B sales goals that you have helped create.
• Create, execute, evaluate and report on sales strategies as well as improvements.
• Become an integral member of the management team responsible for developing company direction, staffing levels, policies and budgets.
• Establishes sales goals by forecasting, then developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
• Determine annual unit sales and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; Define key sales metrics and goals, analyzing trends and results.
• Interact with product team in identifying and addressing trends for product development.
• Ability to identify new business strategies and drive strategic business initiatives.
• Define key sales metrics and goals, continually analyze results.
• Analyze wholesale business, merchandising, pricing and margins. Assist in introducing new items and/or categories and flush out slow sellers to keep the product mix relevant, current and growing in existing accounts.
• Knowledge of BMX industry practices and competitive landscape is recommended.
• Willing to work in the trenches when necessary.
• Enthusiasm to learn our top selling items, as well as all our house and distribution brands and what makes each one unique.
• Enthusiasm and ability to learn new software and systems.
Experience / Qualifications:
• Strong strategic planning, forecasting, budgeting and business math skills.
• Meeting Sales goals while maintaining profit margin.
• Excellent leadership, organization and communication skills.
• Proven ability as a people manager, mentor and evaluator.
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA, BS) or equivalent.
• 3-5 years wholesale sales experience required.
• 3-5 years managing sales teams and territories required.
Some domestic and international travel may be required.
PTO, healthcare, paid holidays, ability to achieve quarterly company bonuses, product allowance, private warehouse ramps and complementary accesses to local and national skateparks. Hard working but fun and relaxed work environment.
Please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.
Rochester New York
|Required Experience:||5 year(s)|
|Salary Range:||Not available|
Posted 9 days ago