Social Media Manager
- Kaenon & OluKai
- United States
- Irvine, CA
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
OluKai and Kaenon are in search of a Social Media Manager to join the team in Irvine, CA.
POSITION SUMMARY //
Social channels are a great avenue for OluKai and Kaenon to connect with existing and find new customers. The scale and demographics of the channels make this role key to the future success of the OluKai and Kaenon brands and direct to consumer effort. This job is responsible for the care and feeding of all of our customers and potential customers who connect with us on social media channels. The job is a healthy mix of community management, platform management and engaging with creative on content.
1.) Social Strategy
• Set the course for what Social Media means by establishing a strategic vision for all social channels and KPIs to measure success, in conjunction with manager
• Develop a channel specific strategy that takes advantage of each outlets strengths
• Maintain visibility to all new channels and new promotional tactics within existing channels to ensure OluKai and Kaenon are taking advantage of relevant opportunities
• Bring innovation to the brand using new channels and platforms
• Work with DTC team to establish metrics that tie back to web visits and conversion
• Learning and discovery mindset is key
2.) Paid Social
• Manage budget for sponsored content and boosts to grow audience and engagement
• Always on attitude of monitoring our social channels to respond to customer inquiries, requests and customer service questions.
• Build brand credibility by responding to and engaging with the community
• Demonstrate the brand transparency in action with the handling of warranty issues, feedback, etc.
• Manage each channel to the agreed upon social strategy, varying the content and conversations in each
• Maintain a pulse on what’s current and topical within the social world to make recommendations on content, product and surface up any trends, opportunities or concerns to management
3.) Topical & Influencer Engagement
• Manage social ambassadors, current and prospects
• Be on the look-out for brand appropriate content with the mindset to chime in/ engage with it as a way to broaden the brands voice in social channels.
• Mine the platforms for social influencers and advocates of the brand we should be working closer with.
• Perform outreach activities, including developing and maintaining relationships with key bloggers, influencers and other media. Leverage those relationships and opportunities where appropriate (i.e – talent for potential shoots, blog contributors, etc)
• Maintain a relevant calendar of events – both internal and topical to our consumers
4.) Channel Upkeep
• Develop and manage a weekly calendar for all brand posts on all channels, to be shared on a weekly basis with broader team.
• Schedule and post
• Engage in marketing meetings, brainstorms and activation's.
• Ensure backgrounds, links, etc. are all actively maintained and updated.
5.) Analytics and Reporting
• Weekly social media report distribution to the internal team.
• Collaborate with team to determine KPIs
• Build the report framework
• Gather context and send weekly
• Monthly competitive trend analysis to show how we’re tracking against brand metrics outlined at beginning of the year
• Analyze sentiment on the channel to ensure it’s positive.
• Report back on trends and changes in sentiment and possible solutions to customer dissatisfaction.
• Note most engaging posts to help build trend and awareness of what’s performing vs. what’s not.
• Work with manager to develop new story-lines for marketing endeavors and product launches.
• Manage and update brand marketing calendar at a monthly glance for planned posts.
• Develop a plan and strategy for utilizing UGC.
• Be reactive to offer ideas on opportunistic posts/stories to capitalize on.
• Develop a close working relationship with Rent Control team to get insight into creative strategy, execution and available assets
• Bachelors Degree required
• Functional understanding of Social Media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube
SKILLS & ABILITIES //
• 5 years + managing social media for a brand or at an agency
• Team oriented
• Idea contributor
• Multitasker able to think and execute at strategic level and customer service level
• Experience with social media monitoring platforms and reporting
• Strong analytics and reporting background
• Previous work driving results to an ecomm business a plus
• Learners mindset
TO APPLY // Please submit your application via the link provided and be sure to let us know Malakye was your source!