Director of Marketing - Consumer Division
- Pelican Products, Inc.
- United States
- Long Beach, CA
- 6 year(s)
- Not Available
Pelican Products is seeking a Director of Marketing in Long Beach, CA.
As a key member of the Consumer Division, the Director of Marketing is responsible for the development & implementation of a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy, management of internal and external resources, and directing the work of assigned staff. The Director of Marketing will develop and assist with marketing research for key projects in addition to setting goals, monitoring work and evaluating results to ensure that departmental objectives and operating requirements are met and in line with the needs and strategic goals of the Consumer Division. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record managing a Marketing function, team, and implementing strategic initiatives.
THINGS YOU'LL DO:
• Responsible for overall planning, coordination and administration of the division’s strategic plan, including marketing activities and creative design for the Pelican Consumer Division and its products lines.
• Oversees all personnel and projects associated with Consumer Division marketing and communication efforts, including vendor selection and internal resources. Ensures marketing campaigns and special projects are managed to deliver results in an effective, timely and cost-effective manner.
• Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including: Develop relevant content topics to reach the company's target customers. Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written). Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
• Manages Brand Ambassador Program that represents the Pelican brand to targeted customers in order to increase awareness, create a specific image, generate sales opportunities and build customer preference.
• Oversees packaging design, including the preparation of product instruction sheets.
• Directs and coordinates marketing campaigns for division products, including the design and layout out of brochures, flyers, advertising, and catalogs.
• Designs Point-of Purchase (POP) displays, from initial design concept through production and finished product.
• Assists and develops significant market research and competitive analysis for both existing and the development of new products and markets.
• Responsible for Pelican.com website and managing Ecommerce business and also building Consumer database, design, functionality, and accuracy.
• Working with and managing PR agency to plan publicity strategies and campaigns: Writing and producing presentations and press releases; dealing with enquiries from the public, the press, and related organizations; organizing and attending promotional events such as press conferences, open days, exhibitions, tours and visits.
• Collaborates with Product Management team on media selection and placement for advertising materials and public relations activities. Designs and executes on materials to be used in these campaigns.
• Oversees trade exhibit design and production.
• Oversees Tradeshow program, and in collaboration with sales and product managers, ranks and directs selection of shows, and evaluates show ROI. Involved in show promotional planning.
• Acts as Division Brand Champion and polices global uses of Pelican Consumer brands for needed compliance with established brand standards; reviews and reports misuses of Pelican brands from outside entities to corporate legal department.
• Performs special projects and additional duties as assigned by the President of Consumer Division.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
YOU WILL NEED:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field, and/or 5-8 years’ related experience in a fast paced organization requiring an in-depth knowledge of advertising and graphics techniques.
• Must be able to demonstrate strategic acumen, expertise and creativity in the development of marketing materials.
• Must demonstrate ability to engage, inspire, influence people.
• Must have ability to develop clear, actionable steps from overall strategy & complete projects meeting deadline/budget.
• Must have excellent written, negotiation, presentation, verbal communication and organizational skills.
• Must be proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and various graphics software programs, including but not limited to, Quark Express, Illustrator and PhotoShop.
• Advanced certification or MBA strongly preferred.
• Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
• Must be flexible regarding working hours. Must be able to work evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
• Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ensures that staff is contributing at maximum potential through rigorous hiring practices and an emphasis on training and development initiatives, including coaching and counseling direct reports in their performance and professional development, with final authority for approving pay increases, hiring decisions and disciplinary actions.
• Emphasizes ethical leadership and decision-making to protect Pelican’s brand and reputation.
• Establishes challenging, productive and achievable goals for direct reports; measure results by establishing checkpoints to track progress.
• Must be able to travel, nationally and internationally, as necessary.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com.
• Generous paid time off plans
• 401k plan – with a competitive match
• Tuition Assistance Program