Waypoint Outdoor is the National Sales Agency for Helly Hansen, Sunski Optics, and Biolite and the Regional Sales Agency for Smartwool, Nemo, Bogs, and other Outdoor Industry Brands. Waypoint Outdoor has an unwavering commitment to Premium Relationships, Business Management, and Customer Service to it’s Brands and Retailers. Waypoint Outdoor is composed of Outdoor Industry Veterans who have a dedication and passion to the industry and service. As a result, Waypoint has enjoyed tremendous growth both within and beyond the core outdoor industry and is committed to scaling and developing its team.
• The Waypoint Sales Representative is a commissioned based position that is responsible for the entire retailer sales cycle relationship for Sunski Optics in Florida. This person is responsible for ensuring our retailers receive the highest degree of service from Waypoint and Sunski Optics. This position serves as an expert in our Brands, our Service Model, and all things Customer Relationship Management.
• This position works closely with the Brand’s Customer Service, Sales Management, Waypoint’s Brand Analysts, and Brand Managers to ensure our Retailers’ needs are met and exceeded. This includes everything from identifying and onboarding new retailer/new brands at retailers, forecasting accounts, creating territory and marketing plans, servicing accounts, to trouble shooting any issues retailers may have. This person serves as the Agency and Brand Ambassador, and is charged with ensuring retailers have the support, tools, and training they need to achieve the highest degree of success.
• This position requires leveraging expert knowledge of Waypoint Outdoor’s Business and Service philosophy, strategic organizational and sales skills, forward thinking mentality and anticipation of needs to ensure Waypoint’s Retailers and Brands tactical sales day to day needs are met in an effective and efficient manner and are constantly evolving. This person will exude a passion for service and ”The Waypoint Way” and will have a capacity to make things happen with professionalism and discretion when and where needed.
The Key responsibilities of this position include:
• Relationship/Account Management: This person is responsible for the Brand and Agency relationship with our retailers, ensuring relationships are built, maintained, and managed, including everything from identifying retailers needs from a brand perspective to troubleshooting any issues the retailer might have with Waypoint Brands, Product, or orders.
• Sales Cycle Management and Service: Working closely with the retailers, this position is responsible for creating and managing appointment calendars, preparing for and executing line presentations, identifying retailer marketing needs, and implementing marketing tools to ensure a maximized Brand Presence at the retailer and stellar sell through is achieved. In addition, this position identifies and delivers needed product clinics and provides service and training to ensure the retail staff is prepared to maximize sell through opportunities.
• Sales Order Management: working within brand deadlines, the Waypoint Sales Rep ensures order are taken and placed, audited and that correct discounts are applied and sales program opportunities are taken advantage of. This position also trouble-shoots any issues with customer service, ensuring a smooth as possible brand experience with the retailer.
• Business Planning: working closely with the Brand Managers and Analysts, this position is charged with managing their territories, forecasting growth and opportunities, identifying retailers to scale and grow and cultivate key accounts and execute territory plans. This position works closely with the Waypoint Brand Manager and Analyst to ensure Brand and Agency targets are clear and tracking, and if not - proactively managing and identifying opportunities to get back on track.
• Waypoint Administration: this position is responsible for adopting and evolving Waypoint processes and identified tools to update forecasts, appropriately schedule meetings, identify showroom needs, and work closely with Waypoint staff to ensure needs are met and working with the internal team on new ideas and ways for Waypoint to grow and evolve our business model and service our retailers.
• Account Support: this position is responsible for supporting all Waypoint Brands at identified Accounts in the territory as identified and needed.
This person owns all things related to Waypoint’s relationship with our retailers and is charged with ensuring our retailers have everything they need to ensure a positive and productive experience with Waypoint and our Brands. This individual will utilize their knowledge of Waypoint Brands, Market Channels, Consumers, and Product to ensure the path to success is identified and achieved.
• Territory Retailers
• Waypoint Brand Managers
• Brand Sales Management
• Waypoint Sales Operation Director
• Brand Customer Service
• Showroom and Samples Manager
• Relationship Management
• Sales Cycle Acumen
• Product Passion and Knowledge
• Forecasting and Budgeting
• Organization and Communication skills
• Seasoned Judgement and Problem Solving
• Creative and resourceful, and strong attention to detail
• Strong understanding of the outdoor industry
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in business, B.A. in Business or related field desired
• Two plus years experience in the outdoor industry in a sales representative role
• Proven ability to develop and maintain professional relationships
• Demonstrated desire and passion for products and placement
• Demonstrated results in executing multiple projects on a seasonal basis
• Exposure to forecasting, budget and financial management processes