Waypoint Outdoor is the National Sales Agency for Helly Hansen, SunSki Optics, and BioLite and the Regional Sales Agency for Smartwool, Nemo, Klean Kanteen, Bogs, Vasque, and other Outdoor Industry Brands. Waypoint is a group of passionate industry professionals that believe in the power of clear direction. Waypoint’s work environment is inclusive, where cultural diversity, sexual orientation, and religious freedom is welcomed and encouraged. Through our collective intelligence, inclusiveness, and comprehensive business development process, we deliver strategic growth and ongoing opportunities (development) for our customers.
The Waypoint Sales Representative is responsible for the entire retailer sales cycle relationship for the designated Waypoint Territory and Brands. This person is responsible for ensuring our retailers receive the highest degree of service from Waypoint and Waypoint’s Brands. This position serves as an expert in our Brands, our Service Model, and all things Customer Relationship Management.
This position works closely with the Brand’s Customer Service, Sales Management, Waypoint’s Brand Analysts, and Brand Managers to ensure our Retailers’ needs are met and exceeded. This includes everything from identifying and onboarding new retailers/new brands at retailers, forecasting accounts, creating territory and marketing plans, servicing accounts, to trouble shooting any issues retailers may have. This person serves as the Agency and Brand Ambassador, and is charged with ensuring retailers have the support, tools, and training they need to achieve the highest degree of success. This position requires significant time, up to 80%, on the road traveling the territory. This position’s territory is Rockies West(details below), and will be the Specialty Retailer Rep for Helly Hansen, Vasque, Sunski, BioLite, Klean Kanteen and Tread & Butter.
This position requires leveraging expert knowledge of Waypoint’s Outdoor Business and Service philosophy, strategic organizational and sales skills, forward thinking mentality and anticipation of needs to ensure Waypoint’s Retailers and Brands tactical sales day to day needs are met in an effective and efficient manner and are constantly evolving. This person will exude a passion for service and ”The Waypoint Way” and will have a capacity to make things happen with professionalism and discretion when and where needed.
The Key responsibilities of this position include:
• Business Planning: Working closely with the Brand Managers and Analysts, this position is charged with managing their territory, forecasting growth and opportunities, identifying retailers to cultivate relationships with, to scale and to grow, and executing territory plans. This position works closely with the Waypoint Brand Managers and Analysts to ensure Brand and Agency targets are clear and tracking, and if not - proactively managing and identifying opportunities to get back on track.
• Relationship/Account Management: This person is responsible for the Brand and Agency relationship with our retailers, ensuring relationships are built, maintained, and managed, including everything from identifying retailers needs from a brand perspective to troubleshooting any issues the retailer might have with Waypoint Brands, Product, or orders.
• Forecasting for and Achieving Preseason & ASAP Sales Targets: This position is first and foremost a sales role. The Waypoint Sales Representative will be a sales driven individual that forecasts for and achieves sales growth by providing the best all-round service to their retailers and by continually looking for new sales opportunities at existing retailers and new customers.
• Sales Cycle Management and Service: Working closely with new and existing Waypoint brand retailers, this position is responsible for creating and managing appointment calendars, preparing for and executing line presentations, identifying retailer marketing needs, and implementing marketing tools to ensure a maximized Brand Presence at the retailer and stellar sell through is achieved. In addition, this position identifies and delivers needed product clinics and provides service and training to ensure the retail staff is prepared to maximize sell through opportunities.
• Sales Order Management: Working within brand deadlines, the Waypoint Sales Rep ensures order are taken and placed, audited and that correct discounts are applied and sales program opportunities are taken advantage of. This position also trouble-shoots any issues with customer service, ensuring a smooth as possible brand experience with the retailer.
• Provide Consistent Service & Education to REI & Other Key Account store locations: Waypoint believes their Sales Representatives can make a significant impact on the success of their brands’ sales at REI and other Key Accounts. The Sales Representative will be responsible for planning and achieving quarterly service and clinic goals for all the REI locations in territory.
• Waypoint Administration: This position is responsible for adopting and evolving Waypoint processes and identified tools to update forecasts, appropriately schedule meetings, unpacking and preparing samples for presentation, and working closely with Waypoint staff to ensure needs are met and working with the internal team on new ideas and ways for Waypoint to grow and evolve our business model and service our retailers.
• Territory: Includes the states (or parts there of) Utah, Wyoming, Eastern Idaho and Western Colorado. Territory is subject to change based on needs of brands and Waypoint Outdoor.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: [email protected]