Junior Art Director
- Original Grain
- United States
- San Diego, CA
- 2 year(s)
- Not Available
Original Grain is in search of a Junior Art Director to join the team in downtown San Diego, CA.
BRAND DESCRIPTION //
Original Grain is the premier maker of wood and steel designs.
Inspired by the Pacific Northwest roots we set forth on a mission to create an entirely unique timepiece out of wood and steel. With an unwavering commitment to authenticity, innovation, and next-level craftsmanship, Original Grain has emerged as a world-class creator of watches and accessories, advancing the limits of what wood and steel can achieve.
JOB DESCRIPTION //
Original Grain is looking for an JR. ART DIRECTOR to visually emphasize the brands character through a clean and modern aesthetic.
• Full Time Position
• 8 hours per day
• Starts: As soon as possible
• Salary DOE
• Working directly with the creative director and graphic designer to create successful campaigns from concept to execution.
• Work with CD to produce studio product shoots, lifestyle shoots on location, along with all of the post production work to ensure that the photos are ready to use across web/print properties including our website, email, and social media.
• Design and oversee marketing creative for email, digital advertising, web, print and social media.
• Help with new website design, landing pages, and overall user experience.
• Organize and upkeep all media and digital asset management
• At least 2 years of professional photography/graphic design experience. Commercial studio, e-commerce, or catalog experience is a plus.
• Proficient knowledge of Lightroom, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign. (bonus – CaptureOne, After Effects, Premier Pro)
• Must possess an eye for great design, and ability to translate our brand through compelling design & imagery
• Photography and graphic design must be your profession and passion – not a hobby
• Strong, portfolio with graphic/web design and emphasis on product and lifestyle photography
• Expert post-production skills with a strong attention to detail
• Experience in graphic design/layout and strong understanding of typography
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines; this is a fast-paced environment and we expect everyone to keep up
• High degree of proficiency in studio lighting setup, Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator and Capture One
• Help with photo/video shoot production: coordinate local and remote photoshoots (set styling, booking models, and locations as needed)
• Loves working in a team environment
• Experience multitasking and tracking several projects simultaneously
• Digital asset management
• Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable receiving constructive criticism
BONUS SKILLS //
• Creative Writing
• Video Editting
• After Effects
• FCPX or Premier Pro
TO APPLY //Please submit your brief cover letter, resume and applicable portfolio samples through Malakye.
• Cover letter
• Link to portfolio
• A quick note telling us why you’re the person we need