- Holden Outerwear
- United States
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
Holden is seeking a creative and passionate Outerwear / Apparel Developer to join our expanding apparel and outerwear business. This is a full-time in-house position at Holden’s headquarters in Venice, California.
Holden is a stylish outerwear brand that has its roots in snow sports and is expanding both within the snow sports market as well as the premium lifestyle apparel market. We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Outerwear/Apparel Developer hungry to make an immediate and meaningful impact as we expand our collections for both women and men. You must be hands- on and eager to collaborate with a lean and growing team. You must excel in a “non-corporate” and entrepreneurial environment and be able to work well both alone and with the team.
You must have superior knowledge of garment construction, patterns, fit, grading and textiles. You must be an expert at generating tech packs / BOMS and communicating with factories to ensure a final product with excellent quality, style and fit.
Under the direction of the Creative Director, this position will be responsible for the development of all outerwear, apparel and accessory programs from concept to final production hand-off, in accordance with end-user needs, corporate standards for quality, consistency & functionality, while meeting price, minimums, sourcing strategies and exceeding customer expectations. The ideal candidate will have extensive expertise in premium, high-performance apparel.
• Create and Manage the BOM’s, fit guides, trim validation sheets and labeling in the technical specification packages in accordance with design briefs.
• Effectively create design / development calendars, tech packs, tracking reports and communicate changes, corrections to vendor.
• Drive multiple project timelines and update internal team regularly on the status throughout the design and development process.
• Understands product costing and how to develop a product to a target cost.
• Responsible for accurate record keeping and tracking of product components and costs, and communicating the targets and cost to internal/external teams to meet target timelines.
• Bachelor’s degree in Fashion or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Five plus years’ experience in technical, high performance apparel product development role. • Working experience in executing all levels of development process with high-level of understanding of the apparel development process in a manufacturing environment or factory
• Pattern making experience
• Superior knowledge of textiles, garment construction, patterns, fit and grading
• Expert tech pack knowledge
• Must be able to work well independently
• Excellent communication, particularly with respect to communicating with overseas factories • Ability to proactively trouble shoot and solve problems
• Staunch attention to detail and organization
• Must be willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally as needed
• Must be available to work off-hours when deadlines are looming
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships within a team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, communications skills, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to analyze workload and plan accordingly.
• Self-starter with a sense of urgency and able to quickly adapt to unique situations.
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Develop materials and trims in accordance with corporate and product specific standards, color standards, and timeline goals.
• Continually looking for innovative and technologically advanced products, materials, trims, and colors that meet the needs of the mission statement, drive sales, and meet or exceed the company’s overall strategy and goals.
• Manage all fittings, fit blocks, grading, wear and ongoing field test and evaluation of prototypes.
• Communicates daily with our domestic & international vendors to enhance our sourcing strategy, creating respectful, symbiotic relationships for combined growth
• Continually assesses vendor base to allocate appropriately based on strengths, quality, capacity, delivery and MOQ
• Source fabrics & trims to ensure costs, MOQ, lead-times and technical qualities are met per Design’s intentions
• Sets meetings with key vendors and suppliers throughout season and at trade shows
• Responsible for coordinating all approval for lab dips, print strikes and trims/labels.
• Tech design support where needed for apparel and accessory categories • Other duties as assigned
Holden offers a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, etc