Teton Outfitters is the home of KLIM and 509. Located in Rigby, Idaho where world class outdoors is at your doorstep. We have an opportunity for you to join us as Senior Technical Designer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manage one or more product categories from design concept to production garment
• Build technical packages including Bill of Materials, specs, pattern blocks, construction, etc.
• Responsible for training and monitoring performance of direct reports
• Responsible for establishing category standards for fit, construction and quality
• Directly responsible for running fit sessions on live models then making fit changes via pattern corrections
• Responsible for establishing pattern blocks for the category and maintaining a pattern library
• Responsible for daily communication with vendors
• Accountable for meeting development calendar dates and start of production timelines
• Ability to work effectively cross-functionally; Must be able to effectively problem solve design, costing, quality and delivery issues
• Domestic and overseas travel as necessary
• Give product presentations related to fit and construction
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities
• Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Oral Communication - Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
• Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
• Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Business Acumen - Aligns work with strategic goals.
• BA/BS Degree from a 4 Fashion Design or Fashion Merchandising program
• Minimum 5 years relative industry experience with Outerwear Product
• Experience working with Seam Sealed Garments, Gore is a plus
• Experience working with Insulated garments including Down
• Advanced patternmaking skills (must have on the job experience, not classes/theory only)
• Experience fitting on live models, including size sets; Ability to recommend changes in grading
• Advanced knowledge of garment construction
• Expertise building Development & Production Tech Packs
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
• Proficient in a PDM/PLM system , Centric is a plus
• Factory travel is a plus
• Gerber Accumark/PDS experience is a plus
• Must have leadership experience including direct reports, is a plus
• Must have superior written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to lead product presentations in a clear, concise, engaging manner.