- Grand Trunk
- United States
- Chicago, IL
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
Grand Trunk is seeking a Director of Marketing in Chicago, IL.
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for developing and executing the marketing strategy for Grand Trunk. They will need to have strategic vision but also be able to roll up their sleeves to preform tactical execution. The DoM will work closely with all departments within the company to assure a strong and consistent product and brand image. They will manage all day to day marketing activities of the organization and long-term marketing strategy for the company. They will be responsible for managing and developing the department staff and all outside agencies (Web, Creative and PR)
• Develop and execute the marketing strategy for the company in line with company objectives.
• Manage all marketing for the company and activities within the marketing department, including the planning and execution of digital marketing, event marketing and OMNI channel marketing campaigns.
• Plan, organize and implement marketing strategy for wholesale division.
• Maintain knowledge and execution of industry best practices for wholesale marketing.
• Create and apply marketing strategy for existing product lines
• Develop and execute marketing strategy for new product launches
• Develop email marketing campaign, including list growth strategy
• Acquire deep customer knowledge, define customer persona, buying process, developed customer segmentation, targeting and positioning for Grand Trunk.
• Develop photography and videography briefs.
• Works closely with company Sales team enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations
• Responsible for ensuring the marketing objectives are implemented by the marketing team
• Guide day to day activities of the marketing team
• Collaborate with product management team to define marketing materials and go-to-market programs
• Develop social media marketing plan, establish KPI’s and goal setting, develop brand awareness and online reputation through content management
• Create and deliver marketing presentations and communication strategies for the organization
• Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends
• Manage and work with Web Agency, Creative Agency and PR Agency
• Have a strong understanding of and lead the company digital marketing strategy including, e-commerce, SEO, SEM,
SMM, Content Marketing and Influencer Marketing.
• Direct Hiring, training and performance evaluations of marketing staff and oversee their daily activities.
• Maintain clear intra-department and inter-department communication on all marketing programs and projects and
maintain open lines of communication with all outside companies, dealers, sales force and the media
• Problem Solving/Analysis.
• Business Acumen.
• Strategic Thinking.
• Results Driven.
• Customer Focus.
• Technical Capacity.
• Communication Proficiency.
• Highly Self-Motivated
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Education Requirements: Bachelors or Masters in Marketing
• Outdoor Industry Expertise Required
• Proven track record of success in senior marketing roles
• 5-10 years previous marketing management experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Strong outdoor industry knowledge
• Confident, driven and dynamic leader
• Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original branding opportunities
• Highly developed communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to develop diverse working relationships
• Ability to time manage and problem solve while using an analytical approach
• Energetic, confident and motivated with the ability to think on your feet
• Effective prioritization and time management skills
• As needed to accounts and trade shows, up to 25%
• Employees are expected to carry out all reasonable requests by leadership, which the employee is capable of
• Maintain confidentiality of employee and company information
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com