HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume to [email protected]
or through Malakye.com. Finalists for this position are subject to a criminal background check.
Burley Design has been building bicycle trailers for over 40 years and is the global leader in the design and distribution of bicycle trailer products for children, pets, and cargo. Burley is in the business to enable adventure in all generations, and we are currently looking for a Quality and Testing Engineer to join our team in that effort.
We are seeking a hands on engineer who will play an integral role in delivering products to market that meet and exceed the Burley Standard. As a Quality and Testing Engineer you will support the development of new products, set and track product quality goals, lead compliance and regulatory testing, and identify, track, and collaborate to resolve field quality issues as they arise. The ideal candidate will be driven, self-motivated, detail orientated, and collaborative at the core. They will be able to work seamlessly with cross-functional teams and international partners to drive continual improvement efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Defines product quality targets and metrics in collaboration with PD Team and Manufacturing partners to track and measure overall production quality.
• Leads quality assurance and control improvement initiatives with manufacturing partners.
• Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports for the manufacturing areas.
• Track and report on quality issues and trends in the manufacturing area.
• Lead in identification and resolution of production issues and problems to ensure on-time and quality production of Burley product.
• Active participant in design reviews, risk assessments, and project planning
• Uses statistical analysis tools to tracks and identify emerging production and field quality issues, and asses scope and severity
• Works as part of the Product Development team to assist in sustaining engineering activities, product design, design reviews and other Product Development tasks as needed.
• Responsible for executing and evolving the engineering change process and document control system at Burley.
• Coordinates, leads, and tracks all compliance and regulatory testing with manufacturing partners and third-party facilities to ensure compliance with standards and regulations governing our products.
• Active and proactive member of applicable industry regulatory standards committees
• Maintains Burley’s Restricted Substance List, and actively creates measures to track and coordinate improvements with manufacturing partners.
• Coordinates, conducts, and tracks Production Lot Testing practices and procedures with manufacturing partners, and in Burley’s in-house testing lab
• Maintains and operates Burley’s inhouse testing lab equipment
• Travels to vendor sites internationally to inspect potential vendors and to oversee and assist current vendors with production, quality and design issues.
• Travel to Asia and Europe required and additional travel within the US is a possibility.
• Performs other duties as required by the position.