Candidates interested in this position must provide a resume, portfolio examples, AND a cover letter that details their interest, intent, and applicable experience for this role. Boiler plate introductions are highly discouraged. Failure to submit all required documents will result in dismissal. Application materials should be emailed to [email protected]
or through Malakye.com, attachments made by PDF (Portfolios can be submitted in PDF or Weblink)
Finalists for this position are subject to a criminal background check.
Burley Design has been building bicycle trailers for over 40 years and is the global leader in the design and distribution of bicycle trailer products for children, pets, and cargo. Burley is in the business to enable adventure in all generations, and we are currently looking for an Industrial Designer to join our team in that effort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an Industrial Designer for Burley Design, you will have a key role in utilizing human centered design processes to create appealing, innovative, and technologically advanced products. Expect to work on a variety of projects including bicycle trailers, bags, and accessories. The ideal candidate will merge the ability to listen and observe consumers experiences with their own to create unique and innovative products. They will be driven, passionate, self-motivated, and collaborative at their core. They will have a strong aesthetic sensibility and be able to merge strong visual direction with the functional direction of the product.
• Work seamlessly on cross-functional teams to design and develop innovative and aesthetically engaging products including bicycle trailers, accessories, and components that are consistent with direction of the Burley brand
• Identify, visualize, document, and present compelling:
o User research and insights
o Product concepts and designs
o Physical Prototypes
• Maintain a strong sense of trends and stay abreast of brand competition within cycling, the outdoor industry, urban transportation, and the market as a whole
• Direct involvement with all aspects of the product development process, from concept to production
• Develop design documentation and tech packs for softgoods products
• Work side by side with Engineering to develop and deliver concepts through production