Director of Sales and Marketing
- Sea to Summit
- United States
- Boulder, CO, Denver
- 10 year(s)
- Not Available
Sea to Summit is a fast growing outdoor gear company based in Boulder, CO. We supply innovative, award-winning backpacking, camping, paddling and adventure travel gear with unparalleled customer service and a commitment to our retail partners to be one of the best companies they work with.
Sea to Summit has an excellent opportunity available for an experienced sales and marketing professional with executive level experience from within the outdoor industry to direct and oversee sales and marketing within North America. The Director of Sales and Marketing (DSM) will oversee all sales and marketing functions of the company. These areas include the U.S., Canadian, and online sales team; PR, print and Internet marketing; and new business development. The DSM will provide direct supervision for managers from each of these areas.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate proven success in senior sales & marketing roles and extensive work experience managing a variety of teams, and projects end-to-end. Experience within the outdoor or sporting goods industry along with a deep understanding of distribution and wholesale business models and B2B / B2C marketing strategy is key. The ability to identify trends and formulate sound sales and marketing strategies along with a willingness to dive in and work at every level with the team is important.
Ultimately, this position is responsible for ensuring that the sales and marketing functions of the company drive long-term success and strengthen the brand’s position within the market.
This position will report directly to the President and owners and is based from Sea to Summit’s Boulder CO head-office. Candidates not living in the Boulder/Denver area, or not willing to relocate will not be considered. Approximately 40 days of travel per year is required.
- Develop creative and effective sales and marketing strategies.
- Provide oversight and leadership to managers and employees within the sales and marketing team.
- Analyze the effectiveness of sales and marketing campaigns and programs.
- Ensure the needed sales and marketing infrastructure exists to support current and future operations.
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key customers.
- Negotiate and close agreements with large or strategically important customers.
- Monitor monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts for key accounts, top accounts, and territories.
- Research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities.
- Formulate sales and marketing campaigns and ensure they are executed in alignment with the company’s expectations.
- Facilitate excellent communication across the sales & marketing team and other departments through regular and effective communication.
- Conduct thorough sales and market analysis for specific retailers and market segments / regions, pricing, etc to maximize opportunities.
- Create and execute a yearly strategic plan and budget, establishing key planning deliverables and deadlines.
- Ensure monthly, quarterly and yearly sales, marketing, and expense budgets are set and achieved.
The ideal candidate has the following attributes:
- Passion for the outdoors and outdoor activities.
- Ability to motivate others and create a strong team atmosphere through excellent leadership.
- Proven work experience at an executive level - must have a minimum of 10 years of leadership experience / ideally with a minimum of 5 years within the outdoor or sporting goods industry.
- Experience delivering strong results year-over-year in a high-growth environment.
- Experience formulating and executing B2B and B2C sales and marketing campaigns at the regional and national level
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and leadership skills
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com.
Salary and incentives are commensurate with experience and competitive. Benefits include a generous health benefits package, retirement plans, PTO and a fun and flexible work environment.