- Igloo Products Corp.
- United States
- 2 year(s)
- Not Available
Provides expertise in the preparation and delivery of electronic and print deliverables to Production Manager. Prepares documents and electronic files for use in marketing materials by gathering pertinent information, formulating an appropriate plan of action, and meeting strict multiple daily deadlines by entering, revising, and retrieving project information. Ability to complete and maintain multiple projects within estimated project times. Creates and revises documents and templates as well as identifies flaws in template construction and is able to communicate necessary revisions in a professional manner; maintains quality in a fast-paced and highly stressful environment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creates, designs and revises documents and electronic files.
• Creates planograms and floor plans, applying knowledge of the clients merchandising and guidelines. Shares existing and new knowledge with staff.
• Maintains expert skill sets in industry-standard layout and graphics programs; InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat.
• Prepares finished projects according to specifications, using standard preflight and production methods.
• Accomplishes Production department mission by completing on-time and error free assignments. Keeps Production Manager informed on job or project status, meeting deadlines on time, potential software problems and/or solutions, and any information that will directly affect our ability to provide quality deliverables.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and commitment to excellence by fostering a positive work environment at all times.
• Keeps archives up-to-date, sharing software and hardware knowledge or expertise with team members.
• Maintains quality results by paying close attention to assignment details, checking own work before giving project back to the Production Manager, and asking questions.
• Verifies information by checking project resources; source files, jpegs, PDF’s, and/or artwork requests supplied with each project.
• Trains peers or new employees by working with others on projects, sharing job knowledge and experience, etc.
• Maintains library by organizing, cataloging and updating the server with current files, material and projects.
• Works on other projects and assignments as assigned by the Production Manager.
• Actively participates in the success and operation of the Brand Creative & Marketing team by willingly taking on new tasks and assignments while maintaining a positive work ethic.
• Documents workflow through project management software
• Works with and maintains DAM with direction from Production Manager
• All other duties as assigned.
• BFA degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience in Graphic Design
• Minimum 3 years experience with Adobe CS–InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat.
• Working knowledge with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Solid experience with image compression, file correction, and optimization techniques
• Ability to work with various client supplied templates and guidelines
• Ability to master design production skills such as determining pre-press requirements; proper color-usage; PDF and PostScript generation; working knowledge of terminology such as bleed, live, and trim areas; halftones and duotones; printer’s marks, and proper image resolution.
• Strong portfolio of production work
• Solid experience in packaging layout
• Maintains meticulous attention to detail, completing multiple and/or repetitive tasks. Demonstrates a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and deadlines, in an intense and extremely fast-paced work environment
• Ability to meet aggressive deadlines, consistently delivering exemplary work while juggling multiple priorities and calmly working through continuous distractions.
• Exceptional work ethic. Uses time productively, maximizes efficiency, and meets challenging work goals. Works well in a team environment and demonstrates a strong desire to work towards the big picture. Ability to anticipate potential hazards and work towards a creative and viable solution. Is willing to commit to extended work hours in order to meet deadlines (when necessary)
• Can take on responsibilities, and manage priorities with minimal guidance or supervision
• Excellent problem-solving skills with displayed determination and a positive can-do attitude.
• Must be detail oriented, dependable, and able to work well under pressure
• Preferred Qualifications:
• Strong print production background
• Understanding of printing process, and file prep to coincide with such process
• Community- Work well with others in promoting high performance work team.
• Courage- Share ideas with others that add value and reduce waste/scrap.
• Craftsmanship- Demand quality work of self and others.
• Commitment- Work with others to accomplish the goal of the job.
• Celebration- Achieves common goals and share the successes with others.