Salty Crew is looking for an experienced Apparel Developer to help bring our product line to life.
The candidate will oversee and maintain the development process of the product line. This person will need strong organizational and interpersonal skills to excel in this role. You will need to be a highly motivated, do-it-yourself individual who thrives in fast-paced environment.
The Primary responsibility of the Developer is to develop and maintain the line of printables, headwear, and accessories and not limited to: boardshorts, walkshorts, wovens, and jackets. Specifically, you are responsible for:
⏵ Manages the development process of company product lines as assigned.
⏵ Plans and tracks the development schedule of all products to ensure a timely completion following the predetermined product development calendar.
⏵ Helps develop products, recommends materials and construction techniques that meet Design expectations in order to meet or exceed predetermined gross margin targets.
⏵ Works with designer on fit intent and fit consistency through clear analysis, documentation, communication with adherence to fit standards and use of block patterns.
⏵ Maintains the specifications for the products, publishes, and maintains all records, style files, and samples associated with the product and related programs.
⏵ Works with product, material sourcing and manufacturers to develop new materials, construction techniques, processes, and samples used to create new and innovative product each season.
⏵ Communicates with Domestic and overseas vendors.
⏵ Interacts with Designer, Marketing and Sales to distribute product technical details as required and assures the accuracy of product description
⏵ Performs these and other duties as assigned.
- Very Detail Oriented able to catch discrepancies between finished products and intended Design resources
- Familiar with the Garment construction process especially technical sportswear.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite & Adobe Creative Suite Programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Familiar with Product Line Management software and programs
- Skilled Communicator; able to effectively translate ideas to and from International Garment Vendors.
- 2-3 years experience required
Please submit resume through Malakye.